By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is There Any Reason To Buy an Xbox now?

Has the Xbox Brand Been Devalued?

Yes 212 38.34%

A Little 99 17.90%

No 198 35.80%

The Brand Is Stronger Now 44 7.96%

Total:553
KingofTrolls said:

Its all good in scenario u created, but might be hell in other cases. U dont play on PC, u like MS games and dont like Sony games, so Xbox obviously is the best choice for u.

People with decent PC and PS4 who want to play also MS games, will now abandon the idea to buy X1. Sure, the MS will  sell more games, but console userbase will suffer in the name of it.

I believe the key here is that you are thinking way to small.  Who cares about console marketshare the most, people on this board or MS.  MS has a phone and tablet along with the X1.  They have an OS called Win 10 and a Windows Store.  They probably will also bring XBl to all their devices (hopfully better than windows Live).  

So in your scenerio, a PS4 owner who has a gaming PC decides he does not need a X1 because he has a gaming PC.  Lets say for whatever reason this person has not upgraded to Win 10.  If this person what to play MS exclusives on his PC he must upgrade to Win 10, probably will have to use XBL in some form or fashion for MP and will have to purchase the game from the Windows Store.   This would be a win for MS because you sill a customer for them, and if you want the next game or sequel you have to continue to use their service and purchase from their store.  MS still get that PS4 owner as a customer even thought they problaby would not have purchase an X1 just to play one game.

Once MS get their streaming service going, you probalby will be able to stream from your phone, or win tablet to your Tv using Mirrocast or something along those lines.  The key is that if you only look at the console landscape now you totally miss the big picture which will not be this limited concept gamers see today.

Around the Network

PC gaming and Console gamers aren't the same crowd. I own a good gaming PC but I only play game on Xbox One and WiiU.

Monitor vs Large screen TV
Couch vs Computer Chair
Mouse/keyboard vs Xbox One controller

You are also comparing a $350 to a $700-2000 gaming PC. If you want to play game and have to make a choice it's much easier to invest in a much cheaper Xbox one. If you been playing on PC and bought many games on windows 10. You might actually consider an Xbox one over PS4 since all your games transfer to that consoles when the price of these console are cheaper and you want the convenience of playing in the living room.

If you look at current trend and where the technology is moving it's clear that the future of hardware is already questionable after this generation. Both Sony and Microsoft will most likely release a version of the console with out a disc drive this generation. Improvement in cloud computing could completely replace the need for hardware. If anything Microsoft is growing the Xbox brand by including PC gamers to their install based. Xbox live grows while Xbox hardware take a backseat.

Beside you missed the most important point that for years gamers have been asking for cross play between consoles and PC.

TheMessiah said:
KingofTrolls said:

Its all good in scenario u created, but might be hell in other cases. U dont play on PC, u like MS games and dont like Sony games, so Xbox obviously is the best choice for u.

People with decent PC and PS4 who want to play also MS games, will now abandon the idea to buy X1. Sure, the MS will  sell more games, but console userbase will suffer in the name of it.

Unh? Microsoft are encouraging People who have a decent PC to join the Xbox family. Those you mentioned have 2 choices. Either buy MS exclusives from their Xbox Windows 10 store. Or buy an Xbox Console and buy from the same store. The choice is yours. Microsoft gains either way. And doesnt affect an Xbox console gamer like me at all. In fact Ill likely get to play PC exclusives in the future on my console. Again more choice.

Is this Selnor? You remind me of another guy I remember as well just can't think of what his name was. He had a Cole Train avatar though.

OT:

Sure there are still plenty of reasons to own an XB especially if you are not a PC gamer like myself.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
TheMessiah said:

Unh? Microsoft are encouraging People who have a decent PC to join the Xbox family. Those you mentioned have 2 choices. Either buy MS exclusives from their Xbox Windows 10 store. Or buy an Xbox Console and buy from the same store. The choice is yours. Microsoft gains either way. And doesnt affect an Xbox console gamer like me at all. In fact Ill likely get to play PC exclusives in the future on my console. Again more choice.

Is this Selnor? You remind me of another guy I remember as well just can't think of what his name was. He had a Cole Train avatar though.

OT:

Sure there are still plenty of reasons to own an XB especially if you are not a PC gamer like myself.

Don't know who you mean. Sorry. Is he French? by the way how do I change my avatar?

Bandorr said:
soonyfanboy said:
Are there reasons to buy a ps 4?
Yes? Same goes for XB1
No? Same goes for XB1

A large majority of ps4 games are not on the PC. Making that one very large difference.

Uuuhh... No, most PS4 games are also on PC I think, there are just way more PS4 games that aren't on PC than there are Xbox One games that aren't on PC.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
TheMessiah said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

OT:

Don't know who you mean. Sorry. Is he French? by the way how do I change my avatar?

Nah you just post very similar to him that's all lol. And to change your avatar you go to the drop down by your name and go under settings then click on profile picture and boom there you have it!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
TheMessiah said:

Nah you just post very similar to him that's all lol. And to change your avatar you go to the drop down by your name and go under settings then click on profile picture and boom there you have it!

ah ok.lol. oh yeah, top right. lol. thanks.

I sat here for 10 mins trying to think of a reason to buy one. I think the X1 has shot itself in the foot.

CGI-Quality said:
bigtakilla said:

The fact that it's news that Micrsoft has been down more times this year than Sony should be a hint.

Here's another hint - it's off-topic and troublesome. Since you couldn't even back it up, you won't be bringing up again.

How exactly is it off topic? 

CGI-Quality said:
bigtakilla said:

How exactly is it off topic? 

What does LIVE vs PSN downtime have to do with this topic? It's specifically about the effect of X1 exclusives releasing on the PC. 

Because it could be a reason to buy the Xbox now.