By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo direct tomorrow

Give me a release date for Rhythm Paradise 3DS and Ill be happy.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Volterra_90 said:

Or last quarter title, although I think it'll be a NX title too :P.

The game was near completion back in October so NX is the only reason it'd take that long.

I can think of three different reasons why it would take that long that don't involve it being moved to NX:

1. Gap in the schedule, so they're holding it to fill that gap.

2. It wasn't needed at the time it was finished, so they went back and added more content.

3. It didn't have amiibo functionality, and they decided it should.

Actually, four, if you assume that NXH is releasing in 2016 and NXC is releasing in 2017:

4. NXH would be powerful enough to run Pikmin 4, so they delayed the Wii U version to release an NXH version simultaneously.

They kind of waited until the last possible second to discuss their Wii U library. And still no mention of the NX, hardware or software. Being this is the Direct for March, they got 8 more months to reveal and promote it... Honestly not looking good. Especially since they usually skip a month after the second Direct meaning the next Direct we will probably see is May.

Thunderbird77 said:

Zelda!

Uneeded ports!

Volterra_90 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

The game was near completion back in October so NX is the only reason it'd take that long.

Yeah, I think that might be the case. Or maybe they're reserving it to fill the gap in September-November for the WiiU. But I'm inclined to think it will be a NX launch title. 

What about all the other gaps, they're just not important? :L

Aielyn said:
Luke888 said:
Noooooooooooo this is BEFORE TPHD releases, meaning that we will likely get near to 0 infos about Zelda U.
Also it beeing focused for summer releases there won't be any info about S&M too...

They wouldn't cover S&M now - if they were already ready to say anything about them, they'd have done it in the Pokemon Direct, given how short it was. They'll probably give more S&M info around the time of the next Famitsu?

As for Zelda U, I think we might be surprised. They're certainly not going to say much on it, but I could see them using this Direct as a first teaser towards the reveal at E3. Keep TP HD to the end of the Direct, perhaps even pulling the "Available... NOW" trick with it... and then segue into their Zelda U teaser. Nothing more than something similar to that November 2015 teaser that just had a short clip of Link on a horse in a field, followed by "More to come soon". They could even do it while talking about the Wolf Link amiibo's functionality.

----

Anyway, I'm expecting them to announce a couple of surprise titles, here. Pikmin 4, perhaps. Diddy Kong Racing 2, if it really exists. Maybe even the big amiibo title (Could even be called Nintendo Land 2, although it's certainly unlikely to be).

Famitsu never had Pokémon info, CoroCoro is all about that but, knowing how similar the ORAS/SM announcemets were I can't help but think that we won't get any news until April...

Showing off Zelda U before TPHD is released is straight up craziness, you as a publisher don't want to show a game X that is >>>>>>>>>> than a certain game Y the day before the launch of Y because people won't buy Y knowing of the capabilities of X...

As I said previously the only thing Zelda U related that I could see happening is an explanation for what the Wolf Amiibo does in Zelda U and/or 5 more seconds after the gameplay shown at November's Direct...

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

What about all the other gaps, they're just not important? :L

Well, let's see tomorrow if they're important xDDDDDD. Then I'll make a final judgement :P

Luke888 said:
Famitsu never had Pokémon info, CoroCoro is all about that but, knowing how similar the ORAS/SM announcemets were I can't help but think that we won't get any news until April...

Ah, right, CoroCoro. Note that uncertainty was the reason for the question mark after "Famitsu". I wasn't sure which one it was.

Anyway, my point is, I wouldn't expect any more S&M news until the next CoroCoro, which means it's at least a week too early. I could see Nintendo revealing something more next week, just so that CoroCoro can be covering more than just the logos (they needed to show the logos for the Pokemon Direct because it was timed for the 20th anniversary, but I could see them having held a bit back to allow CoroCoro to reveal it). But it's not happening in the Direct.

Aielyn said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I can think of three different reasons why it would take that long that don't involve it being moved to NX:

1. Gap in the schedule, so they're holding it to fill that gap.

2. It wasn't needed at the time it was finished, so they went back and added more content.

3. It didn't have amiibo functionality, and they decided it should.

Actually, four, if you assume that NXH is releasing in 2016 and NXC is releasing in 2017:

4. NXH would be powerful enough to run Pikmin 4, so they delayed the Wii U version to release an NXH version simultaneously.

Fine, the only reason with actual weight behind it, being other game announcements, or rather the lack of showing Nintendo's attitude towards Wii U, and the Zelda U situation. Your reasons are pure guesswork, and well the last one just can't be. Pikmin on a tiny screen? Do not want!

tag

Volterra_90 said:

Well, let's see tomorrow if they're important xDDDDDD. Then I'll make a final judgement :P

I would love if it did come to Wii U of course, but I have to expect the worst so I'm not disappointed all the time like Pavolink.