By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bet the Wii U wont even be mentioned at E3.

<(+_@)>

Now that's a safe bet! 56 34.57%

No waaaaaaaay. 106 65.43%

Total:162
Miyamotoo said:

Only Wii U announced title that we realistically expect that will be released is Paper Mario (or less likely Pikmin 4 because that is a probably NX game now), and that will probably be before holiday season and before Zelda U, that means September-October because holiday season for Nintendo whole focus will be on NX.

Doesn't matter. If it's coming out after E3, it will get focus. Three major Wii U games are coming out after E3, so the Wii U will get attention.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Miyamotoo said:

Only Wii U announced title that we realistically expect that will be released is Paper Mario (or less likely Pikmin 4 because that is a probably NX game now), and that will probably be before holiday season and before Zelda U, that means September-October because holiday season for Nintendo whole focus will be on NX.

Doesn't matter. If it's coming out after E3, it will get focus. Three major Wii U games are coming out after E3, so the Wii U will get attention.

No one Wii U game will get attention near NX launch or after NX launch.

Not gonna happen.

spemanig said:

It's not 2006. It's 2016. It's not one less niche game, it's three big budget 1st party games. Just because Nintendo didn't confirm yet something doesn't mean it's not happening. The Paper Mario rumor is specifically for Wii U and comes from three sources simultaneously who all have gold records for legit info. On top of that, the leak that outed Pokemon Sun/Moon, as well as 3 other games, says that there is one unannounced major first party game to come this holiday for the Wii U. To ignore all that evidence for at least Paper Mario releasing this holiday for Wii U is to be willfully naive.

The years are different, but the situation in the past is the same as it is now. Nintendo has a new console to show off. It still makes sense to focus on it above all else, especially over a dead console. It's one niche game (iirc it didn't even do well in Japan) and two possible NX titles. I didn't say they aren't happening, I just said they aren't necessarily Wii U titles. We can only wait and see on that, but even if they are announced for Wii U later today, that can also be a reason not to talk about them in conference.

They think I'm wearing a Crow avatar for the Civil War thread, but it's actually for this! >:3

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
They think I'm wearing a Crow avatar for the Civil War thread, but it's actually for this! >:3

A crow is a crow :)

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Outside of reassuring us that Zelda NX is still coming to the Wii U of course. I already felt this was gonna be the case as why would Nintendo waste time talking about a failed system they're not even supporting anymore over hyping up the one that still has chance. Out of curiosity I looked back at their E3s before their previous two console releases, and now I'm absolutely positive this will be case.

In 2012, the Wii wasn't mentioned periord, certainly no new announcements for it. Even the 3DS barely got any screen time. In 2011, Skyward Sword was the only Wii game, no new announcements. In 2006, the only Gamecube talk was a brief mention that Twilight Princess would still release on it. Super Paper Mario was apparently announced here, on the side somewhere, but we all know what happened to that game. In 2005, the Gamecube had a lot of games still to release, so they crammed them all into a 10 minute highlight reel.

Okay, 10 minutes is still more than a mention, but again, that's cause the Gamecube actually had a lot of games. The Wii U has nothing by comparison, as did the Wii in 2011/2012 and we've seen the result of that, even despite Wii being their most successful console ever. Sure if they announced new games then they'd have games to talk about, but in all four of those E3s there was not a single new announcement for their current console except Super Paper Mario in 2006, which wasn't even in the conference itself. Naturally they focused mostly on their upcoming console, especially during the year it released in, which is why E3 2006/2012 are more relevant for how this upcoming E3 go, wink wink nudge nudge. I expect they'll first start off with the Pokemon anniversary and a Sun n Moon trailer, but after that it'll be all about the NX. Oh and no, I'm not asking to make a bet with anyone. :L

Here are links to their E3 conferences in question for reference.

E3 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odg2aDQnlIE

E3 2011: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1JJPkd4Q28

E3 2006: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUDMg5b-n2w

E3 2005: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anRy0JeHeCY

you probl lost, the nx wont be mentioned.

if you think nintendo is NOT going to mention paper mario color splans and tokyo sessions, then your high.

CarcharodonKraz said:
if you think nintendo is NOT going to mention paper mario color splans and tokyo sessions, then your high.

In what capacity? Will they briefly mention them in some side interview or something? Sure maybe. Will they specifically showcase and spend time on each of them individually in the Treehouse live thing? Very unlikely. Keep in mind not even Pokemon is on the showfloor.