By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

CosmicSex said:
Swordmasterman said:

Wow, No Man's Sky is really a sucess on Pre-orders, not even Uncharted 4, had this much of Pre-order on Amazon.

Uncharted will crush all but it is nice to see NMS doing so well and this should settle the pricing arguments. 

Whats more, the limited edition sold out in one day.  

I Think that this game will be the Next big Indie Game, we had Rocket League, with 10+ Millions of Players, Minecraft, was a very popular indie, but isn't fair because the Game is avaliable even for the PS2, and Rocket League was on PS4/PC.

Indies are having a lot of Spot-light recently, and Tecnically Hideo Kojima's Next game will be Indie, because Kojima Productions isn't a big Company, so this thing of Triple A, and Indie, does not matter if the game is Big, and Good, and with Big i mean  a Aceptable Gameplay-time.

Around the Network

5 hours since the last update:

#11 PS4 COD bundle (same)
#30 XB1 Gears bundle (up 2)
#82 XB1 Elite Bundle (up 10)
#92 3DS Pokemon Anniversary Bundle (down 8)
#94 3DS Fire Emblem Bundle (up 1)

#01 No Man's Sky LE Edition
#08 No Man's Sky Standard Edition

No Man's Sky is going to be huge. It could turn out to be a system seller if Sony decide to put out a bundle.

The PS5 Exists. 

Wow, there is hype for no man sky after all. I'm still on the fence on that game.

GribbleGrunger said:

5 hours since the last update:

#30 XB1 Gears bundle (up 2)
#82 XB1 Elite Bundle (up 10)
#92 3DS Pokemon Anniversary Bundle (down 8)
#94 3DS Fire Emblem Bundle (up 1)

#01 No Man's Sky LE Edition

No Man's Sky is going to be huge. It could turn out to be a system seller if Sony decide to put out a bundle.

Cod Bundle, back at full streng, and Hello Games, might be happy with the Pre-orders of No Man's Sky.

You can tell something is selling when it is above the PSN cards.

Around the Network

Zelda is a monster.

Shadow1980 said:
Here's the initial March rankings:

New 3DSXL Pokemon 20th Anniv. bundle: #12
XBO Gears bundle: #29
PS4 CoD bundle: #69

There is a XBO 500GB with Kinect ranked at #57, but the listing is for a refurbished unit, which being used hardware won't count towards NPD. Therefore I decided to list it separately here in the footnotes.

And here's the update to the Week 1 rankings:

New 3DSXL Pokemon 20th Anniv. bundle: #25 (↑65)
XBO Gears bundle: #28 (↓3)
PS4 CoD bundle: #67 (↓4)

The aforementioned refurbished XBO w/ Kinect is currently listed at #90 in the Week 1 rankings.

The PS4 is still doing oddly poor in the monthly and weekly rankings. Maybe the hourly rankings count sales from third-party dealers but the monthly & weekly rankings don't?

Why the Pokemon bundle was up this much ?.

Shadow1980 said:
Swordmasterman said:

Why the Pokemon bundle was up this much ?.

I haven't the slightest idea. The monthly & weekly rankings, which are on a 3-day delay (so today's update is actually how things stood on Tuesday) aren't congruent with the hourly rankings. Not even close. Hopefully things will sort themselves out soon.

Lol, so this is before even the Nintendo's Direct ?, i think that is because of the Announcement of the New Pokemon game, The data from the Sales are between tuesday, and previous tuesday, so this was with the announcement of Pokemon Sun and Moon ?.

Shadow1980 said:

I haven't the slightest idea. The monthly & weekly rankings, which are on a 3-day delay (so today's update is actually how things stood on Tuesday) aren't congruent with the hourly rankings. Not even close. Hopefully things will sort themselves out soon.

I still think it's more likely that the monthly and weekly rankings sometimes bug out.

The PS5 Exists. 

11 hours since the last update:

#31 XB1 Gears bundle (down 1)
#93 XB1 Elite Bundle (down 11)

#07 No Man's Sky LE Edition

The PS5 Exists.