By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Studios is Back!

Azelover said:
Can anyone tell me accurately who is developing Federation Force?

Next Level Games, the dudes behind Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon on 3DS and Punch-Out on Wii.

Around the Network

Crossing my fingers! I really think we have a good chance at seeing their next game at this year's E3. <3

I think it's either Diddy Kong Racing 2 or a new IP. Either way I would be extremely happy, but I know some fans would be frustrated if the former happens.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

curl-6 said:
Azelover said:
Can anyone tell me accurately who is developing Federation Force?

Next Level Games, the dudes behind Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon on 3DS and Punch-Out on Wii.

Thank you.  So we'll see Retro's next game this E3.

Azelover said:
curl-6 said:

Thank you.  So we'll see Retro's next game this E3.

I certainly hope so, but I'm always braced for disappointment when it comes to Nintendo these days.

curl-6 said:
Pavolink said:
It will be another irrelevant DK game.

Diddy Kong Racing probably, knowing Nintendo's habit of redundancy. 

They've completely lost sight of why Retro was acquired in the first place; to make the kinds of games EAD won't/can't.

Except, it's Retro that decided to focus on DK.

Around the Network
Aielyn said:
curl-6 said:

Diddy Kong Racing probably, knowing Nintendo's habit of redundancy. 

They've completely lost sight of why Retro was acquired in the first place; to make the kinds of games EAD won't/can't.

Then Retro has lost sight of its own purpose.

curl-6 said:
Aielyn said:

Or maybe it's personal choice? Don't they have a right to choose what their next project is? It may not be what you wanted, but it's something that they want to do. It's like asking Sakurai to keep making Smash Bros. games, if he wants to move on, then it's his choice. His purpose is not just make Smash Bros., but make games in general like Kid Icarus Uprising and Kirby.

Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

Or maybe it's personal choice? Don't they have a right to choose what their next project is? It may not be what you wanted, but it's something that they want to do. It's like asking Sakurai to keep making Smash Bros. games, if he wants to move on, then it's his choice. His purpose is not just make Smash Bros., but make games in general like Kid Icarus Uprising and Kirby.

It's not about what I want, it's about combating the homogeneity of Nintendo's first party output, which is damaging their image and their demographic appeal.

curl-6 said:
Kai_Mao said:

It's not about what I want, it's about combating the homogeneity of Nintendo's first party output, which is damaging their image and their demographic appeal.

In the end, it's up to Retro and Nintendo to agree on what Retro wants to do next. Don't make a dark and mature game just for the sake of it. If Retro wants to do it, they'll do it. 

Kai_Mao said:
curl-6 said:

In the end, it's up to Retro and Nintendo to agree on what Retro wants to do next. Don't make a dark and mature game just for the sake of it. If Retro wants to do it, they'll do it. 

Nintendo has a diversity problem. They sorely lack dark/mature exclusives compared to the competition. Getting Retro to make the same family-friendly fare as EAD is bad business.