By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Z still isn't out of the question, right?

Tagged games:

Would you buy Pokemon Z?

Sure. 15 34.88%

Ha, no. 18 41.86%

I don't know. Depends. 10 23.26%

Total:43
Rob5VGC said:

Next era of Pokemon is announced to come out later this year as stated by the official source and you're still fixated on the possibility of Pokemon Z...because that makes sense?

What, you think I care about whether Z releases? I honestly think that it's warranted its own discussion just to see whether people think a Z version even has a smidgen of a possibility left in the first place. Regardless, you should know that game companies are willing to do a lot for some extra cash.

bet: lost

Around the Network
Cream147 said:
The only thing that's disappointing is that the "third game" tends to have by far the best post-game, and I'm hoping that Sun/Moon has a post-game that makes up for XY and ORAS's woefully disappointing post-game.

Well, they have had an extra year to develop these games compared with XY and ORAS. It's likely that there's more to the game, at least. Might not be a bigger "post-game", but it'll probably have more content throughout at least.

HylianYoshi said:
Rob5VGC said:

Next era of Pokemon is announced to come out later this year as stated by the official source and you're still fixated on the possibility of Pokemon Z...because that makes sense?

What, you think I care about whether Z releases? I honestly think that it's warranted its own discussion just to see whether people think a Z version even has a smidgen of a possibility left in the first place. Regardless, you should know that game companies are willing to do a lot for some extra cash.

They had the majority of last year to announce and release Z. Guess they didn't want it then considering they would have announced it instead of moving on unless it was remake of an old game.

mZuzek said:
DivinePaladin said:
There's no need in the modern era to make a third or even third/fourth version when they could just make the contents an add-on. The only thing a third version ever does is focus halfheartedly on the third mascot and add Battle Frontier. They can just make an overpriced $10 Battle Frontier DLC instead and mooch that way instead of putting extra time into a third version. Two was already excessive as it was, three was always a stretch to maintain long term; the fact that it took 20 years to retire the antiquated concept is almost sad.

Well, technically it took 15 years, but ok.

True, I didn't think to think about when Yellow released lol. Either way hopefully third games are dead. This is a series that I love but one that has not truly evolved substantially in 20 years and this is a step in the right direction. It's not something I actively realized until the past couple days for some reason, that every change brought forth is paltry by general gaming standards - but hey, baby steps. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Hiku said:

Poor Zygarde.

Yeah, I don't think there is any point of releasing another 6th gen game after announcing the next gen.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Oh okay, I was referring to BW2 as colloquial to a third game in the sense of "generation sequel." Yeah they were different since they were direct sequels with some actual changes, but I hate Gen V so shut up I'm right.

Jokes aside, we're pretty much on the same page here lol, just semantics.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I'm not familiar with the timeline of releases, but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. A new generation has much more impact than a 3rd game, so it makes sense to announce that for the 20th anniversary.

I'd personally be alright with just Z DLC for X/Y...but there's no denying that a new game would be easy money for all involved. Hard to believe they'd just ignore that.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Looking a bit unlikely, but maybe it could still be a thing?

Selling two games makes more money than selling one, so then again, unlikey :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]