By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Konami applies microtransaction expire date to PC version of MGSV in Japan

Konami doesn't have enough with being the worst publisher from last year. Now, for Japanese PC players, they have applied an expiration date for the MB Coins, which is the currency used for microtransactions on the game. Whether you gained those coins as rewards or by buying them, they will be useless if you don't spend them on the next 6 months.

As it stands, Konami haven’t offered any reason as to why they’ve chosen to impose such restrictions on microtransactions, nor have they suggested the method will be applied to other regions.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain/konami-apply-microtransaction-expiry-date-to-metal-gear-solid-5-in-japan

I wouldn't want to imagine if this sets a precedent that other companies will pick up on.

Around the Network

Oh, I heard about this from Jim Sterling. What was that term he coined?

Oh right... #FucKonami xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

WoW that is fucking evil. They do this so players cant hoard them over time to buy another FOB for 1000MB without buying microtransactions. I think you should be able to get 1000 if you lock in every day in 6 months period which i was always doing. Good that i took advantage of this as i am on my 4th base without paying 0€

Konami's new motto: "Screw our customers because I DON'T KNOW!"

Ka-pi96 said:
This is just ridiculous. What logic, other than moneygrabbing greedy bastard logic, could have made them think such a move worthwhile?

I get you. It's just inconceivable that a company goes this anti-consumer out of the blue.

Around the Network

As always,

Fuck Konami.

Yup, Fuck Konami. It's as if they're actively searching for new ways to appear like assholes.

Signature goes here!

What a douche..

#Hashtag# FucKonami!

Next time they'll give gamers that don't spend enough Ebola.

#fuckonami

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Lol Konami just doesn't care anymore