By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New games for PS3

Last year was funny for the 360 everybody was bashing saying it didnt have exclusive titles at lunch and all the good games were pc ports! And wiat for the PS3! I got both but I see better games on the 360 at launch and more games coming consistently on the 360 then the PS3 this hype about it being easier to develop for may be true.Also exclusive launch titles resistence and gengi and untold legends for the PS3 and Perfect dark zero,condemned,and kameo. if you look at the ratings on the games at launch the 360 exclusives rated higher. I personally played all three and they are good games so is resistence but the the other 2 PS3 title Iam not intrested in. I think its funny every good game on the PS3 thats coming out is 360 port not that oblivion isnt great and new content would be intresting but with out exclusive titles PS3 is a heavy price tag!

Around the Network

I can see what you are saying but I have played almost every game out for the 360. I only have 5 I choose as keepers. I prefer the games on the PS3 and if you look the 360 has 129 exclusives coming up while the PS3 has 134. Final Fantasy XIII, lair, eight days, the getaway, heavenly sword, wardevil,white knight story, MGS4, warhawk, gran turismo and DMC4 all look like they are going to be awesome exclusives. Also the announced castlevania for the PS3 has me curious and just the possiblity of God of war 3, Zone of the enders 3, radiata stories 2, a sequel to steambot chronicles, disgea, shadows of the collosus, ico, acecombat 5 and so MANY others, I cannot even fathom that the PS3 could not rule the rust with exclusives by just bringing back same popular and cult hits along with thier new releases. It really isn't a question of if for Playstation fans just when.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

I agree about the PS3 titles at launch. Their not that great. However starting in 2 weeks the PS3 is dropping a big name game till the end of summer at least one every month. (one that I want to buy). There are about 2 X-Box 360 games I want to buy so far. (I dont have a 360, so lets say 5 from last year, and looking at the release schedule, 5 from this year too.) There are over 10 PS3 games I want to buy this year alone. And alot of PS3 games arent announced yet. by the end of 2007 I plan on haveing over 10-15 PS3 games I love. If I had a X-box 360... I would have about 6 or 7. In all Honesty I've actually bought more Wii games than PS3 games... but I've been dissapointed in almost every one. The best Wii game is Wii Sports... actually that's the only good exclusive game for the Wii. Wario Ware... Sucks. Zelda, isnt exclusive. Red Steel Gave me migranes. (it is VERY rare for me to have a migrane playing a game. Red Steel was the first game in about 3 years to acheive that goal. played it for about a hour, and said. no more. The controls werent good enough for me to put up with the migrane either.) The Wii... all I have to say is. BURN. I feel ripped the heck off. All the other games for the Wii I want... dont have release dates. The PS3 in my book, will win the software war, in 4 months. (that is my personal prefrence in games tho) -Kwaad

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

what games All I see coming are ports maybe one exclusive in the next month oblivion rainbow six names the games and the dates most are being pushed off minded you I have a PS3 and want MGS4 played original devil may cry not intrested in that gran turismo. My original point was the bashing last year the 360 took cause all the games were ports and looked horrible I know some of the games you are talking about but I dont see anything coming soon thats not a 360 port. MGS4 some time in 07 that could be nov. could be june 2 title were just bumped from the europe launch til summer!

Daddo Splat said: what games All I see coming are ports maybe one exclusive in the next month oblivion rainbow six names the games and the dates most are being pushed off minded you I have a PS3 and want MGS4 played original devil may cry not intrested in that gran turismo. My original point was the bashing last year the 360 took cause all the games were ports and looked horrible I know some of the games you are talking about but I dont see anything coming soon thats not a 360 port. MGS4 some time in 07 that could be nov. could be june 2 title were just bumped from the europe launch til summer!
Lair, Motorstorm, and warhawk are to name a few of the exclusives that should be out in Spring. The bashing of PS3 games are going on now.I don't really care because I know March is going to be a good month for games.

Around the Network

Daddo you could at least try and look. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Well the actual software drought for the PS3 is certainly one of the worst I remember ...even worse that the already bad X360 drought last year .Looking at how many good games it has it would be something better than the X360 last year ...at least it hast Resistence ,Call of Duty 3 ,Ridge Racer 7 and a slew of good sports games as NBA2K,NHL 2K ,Fight Night Round 3,Madden 07 or Tiger Woods 07 ..plus some decent games as Marvel Ultimate Alliance ,NFS Carbon ,Full Auto 2 ,Blazing Skies .....plus some demos as GT HD and Motorstorm . Problem is many of those titles are already out on the X360 and most did appear one month or so before the PS3 launch so everybody has assumed these games dont count . Even having that in count looking at the release schedule the PS3 will enjoy a really powerful first year ;Unreal 2007 ,Army of Two ,Lair ,Motorstorm ,Eye of Judgement ,Haze ,Heavenly Sword ,Ninja Gaiden Sigma ,Oblivion ,Rainbow Six Vegas ,Splinter Cell DA ,GRAW 2 ,Devil May Cry 4 ,Metal Gear Solid 4 ,White Knight Story ,Formula 1 ,FEAR ,Pro Evolution Soccer ,Tekken 6 ,Virtua Fighter 5 ,Virtua Tennis 3 ,GTA IV ....probably Saints Row,Two Worlds ....and not so far away Ratchet & Clank ,Naughty DOg game ,Final Fantasy XIII ,Final Fantasy XIII Versus ,Afrika ,8 Days ,The Getaway ,Battlefield Bad Company ....... Well some of these are exclusive some arent but for the users the first year of Playstation 3 software will be really top notch adn one the games start rolling and at the same time as the X360 versions the "port " complex will dissappear . Even with all the production problems and launch price nonsense it is clear the PS3 will be a console few gamers will want to pass .Even if it didnt make a cartoon right now the japanese exclusive product and first and second party titles will make it a console to own in 1-2 years when the price comes down ...until then it will have very good games starting a month from now for those who pay the actual high price and those and the brand name will have to carry it until a price drop . PS3 is having a rough moment ,but having in count its price ,no games available since launch nearly ,hardware shortages and everything it is selling about right and once end february the games start flowing things will surely improve .

Diomedes1976 said: Well the actual software drought for the PS3 is certainly one of the worst I remember ...even worse that the already bad X360 drought last year .
Worse than the PS2?

No ,the PS2 one was way worse .But titles appeared ,only that bad titles ....in the PS3 nothing is being shipped .Since 12 dec with Blazing Skies nothing has been released and nothing will be until 31 January with Sonic .But the situation with the PS3 will improve fast ,not as with the PS2 that the lack of quality games endured for nearly a year .....february will see some good games and in march a lot of good games will be released ...from then on all the months will have good games and in a good quantity .