By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How will the internet react if Zelda U comes to the NX at launch?

How will the internet react if Zelda U comes to the NX at launch?

The internet will burn in flamewars. 32 18.71%

The internet will complai... 68 39.77%

They won't care because ... 5 2.92%

The internet will be rati... 32 18.71%

The internet will be unit... 12 7.02%

Zelda U will be delayed t... 20 11.70%

Total:169
Nem said:
Soundwave said:

He's made other posts on NeoGaf, this one spells it pretty damn clearly:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196163222&postcount=7106

All North America releases. 

I wasn't clear huh? My exact words were: "Nintendo NX is definitely launching in 2016 and Zelda NX will be a launch window release, so it could either launch on NX or release shortly after the release of the NX. Either way Nintendo is trying to release Zelda Wii U and Zelda NX at the same time period for the holiday season 2016"

*I have PM'd Bishoptl all the evidence he needs to know exactly who my source is. I await his response*

I want to give a very special thanks to my source, this individual has been so cooperative and helpful through this entire situation since last week. I wouldn't be surprised if there was still any doubts left that they would provide dental records to boot LOL. 

All jokes aside, THANK YOU!!!!

So, i want to let you know that Disney art academy was leaked by retailers http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/is-disney-art-academy-coming-to-3ds/ , so he can simply have retailer data.

Again, he doesnt say Zelda NX and Wii U are the same game. Just that are both targeting the same release window. Nor does he confirm anywhere that NX is a home console.

lol, I think you are really stretching this now. 

What really is your problem with NX and Zelda in 2016 anyway? What's the big deal? 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Nem said:

So, i want to let you know that Disney art academy was leaked by retailers http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/is-disney-art-academy-coming-to-3ds/ , so he can simply have retailer data.

Again, he doesnt say Zelda NX and Wii U are the same game. Just that are both targeting the same release window. Nor does he confirm anywhere that NX is a home console.

What really is your problem with NX and Zelda in 2016 anyway? What's the big deal? 

The strech is not mine, its from people assuming alot from this that isn't there. Just like they do everything NX. I fight the collective insanity of the internet.

Nem said:
Soundwave said:

The strech is not mine, its from people assuming alot from this that isn't there. Just like they do everything NX. I fight the collective insanity of the internet.

You are definitely performing some mental gymnastics here. 

He's talking about the same game, in fact he mentions it has the same budget for marketing. So Zelda NX is the same thing as Zelda Wii U. He is not talking about two seperate games, fat chance Nintendo would even be able to develop two Zelda games simulatenously like that anyway. 

Soundwave said:
Nem said:

He's talking about the same game, in fact he mentions it has the same budget for marketing. So Zelda NX is the same thing as Zelda Wii U. He is not talking about two seperate games, fat chance Nintendo would even be able to develop two Zelda games simulatenously like that anyway. 

It is quite the opposite. I am making no assumptions. 

As for the budget, of course it would be merged whatever the titles are. You think this didnt happen with SSB for Wii U and 3DS? Aslong as they are from the same franchise you can promote them both for the same budget. Just slap some footage of both and slap both logo's at the end. That is just smart management.

As you can see, i don't need to go to lengths to reach my conclusion. I am reading exactly what he says. I'm not adding my own flavor or making any assumptions that may or may not be wrong.

Nem said:
Soundwave said:

As for the budget, of course it would be merged whatever the titles are. You think this didnt happen with SSB for Wii U and 3DS? Aslong as they are from the same franchise you can promote them both for the same budget. Just slap some footage of both and slap both logo's at the end. That is just smart management.

As you can see, i don't need to go to lengths to reach my conclusion. I am reading exactly what he says. I'm not adding my own flavor or making any assumptions that may or may not be wrong.

I wonder if you'll post here the day this is revealed and admit you were wrong for like several months. 

Around the Network
DevilRising said:
There has been nothing verifyable or believable to indicate that Zelda U will port to NX, at all.

But if it did, half the internet would be pissed, like me, and rightfully so.

The other half would be pulling the "ha ha, I told you so" crap.

So *shrug*.

Fact that Nintendo already done something similar with Zelda TP and verived rumor saying that NX is coming this year with Zelda U port.

You are very overreacting when you say half of internet would be pissed, reality is only very small very sensitive part of Wii U owners would be piised, vast majority wouldn't had anything against, especially because Zelda U port for NX is expected.

Soundwave said:
Nem said:

I wonder if you'll post here the day this is revealed and admit you were wrong for like several months. 

If its true, sure. But you're not gonna make me assume something that is definitly not there.

Though i also think that if it really is a new home console against all odds, and its coming out this fall. Not only will i be very impressed by Nintendo if it has more than 3-4 games during the first year, as if its not on x86 technology it will probably be Nintendo's last home console system, because its gonna bomb really hard.

Nem said:
Soundwave said:

If its true, sure. But you're not gonna make me assume something that is definitly not there.

Though i also think that if it really is a new home console against all odds, and its coming out this fall. Not only will i be very impressed by Nintendo if it has more than 3-4 games during the first year, as if its not on x86 technology it will probably be Nintendo's last home console system, because its gonna bomb really hard.

It's not like x86 is some magical technology provided Nintendo is even interested in using it. 

Zelda U (launch day), Smash Brothers (1-2 weeks post launch) right off the bat for example would start the system off very strongly and gives them time to get a proper 3D Mario from EAD Tokyo not soon after launch, etc. etc. 

Hell it wouldn't stun me if Pokemon Sun/Moon are also on the NX as well as 3DS (kinda weird Nintendo showed zero footage of the game in the unveil) if its a unified platform. 

Soundwave said:
Nem said:

It's not like x86 is some magical technology provided Nintendo is even interested in using it. 

Zelda U (launch day), Smash Brothers (1-2 weeks post launch) right off the bat for example would start the system off very strongly and gives them time to get a proper 3D Mario from EAD Tokyo not soon after launch, etc. etc. 

Hell it wouldn't stun me if Pokemon Sun/Moon are also on the NX as well as 3DS (kinda weird Nintendo showed zero footage of the game in the unveil) if its a unified platform. 

Without X86 they can kiss any third party support goodbye. At wich point, what difference is there to the Wii U?

What are you assuming the NX is? Portable, home console or both? Game freak has never developed an HD game. I don't see them starting now with a mainline title coming out this fall on 3DS.

Nem said:
Soundwave said:

Without X86 they can kiss any third party support goodbye. At wich point, what difference is there to the Wii U?

What are you assuming the NX is? Portable, home console or both? Game freak has never developed an HD game. I don't see them starting now with a mainline title coming out this fall on 3DS.

NX is probably their entire hardware future period, and NX will have shared games. So home and portable variants (possibly more than 2). 

I get the feeling the portable NX is going to be something different from what we expect too, seems like Nintendo plans on keeping the 3DS around for a while as a cheap/budget/pocket friendly portable, I could see in that case the portable NX being a different (larger) form factor. That would allow for a bigger battery and better chipset. 

So maybe home console + portable console in 2016, in 2017 or 2018 you have NX Pocket (more along the lines of a 3DS XL sized device) maybe when they can die shrink to 10nm or something. That would make sense. 

Those are just my guesses though, but it seems like Nintendo is not planning on the 3DS going anywhere for another year at least.