KD or LeBron?

Kevin Durant 11 52.38%

LeBron 10 47.62%

Total:21

King James.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:
hershel_layton said:

if Kd and westbrook both left, where do you think they'd go? What teams would be best for them?

Whatever big market team has the pieces and cap space to sign both of them. So the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, or Heat would all be possibilities. Westbrook seems like a big market type of player to me personally. He was born in California and fashion is important to him. KD I think just wants to win championships and will go whereever he is given the best opportunity to win with Westbrook.

I'm sure KD won't go to a team that isn't at least above .500 and has some signs of possible rings.

Do you think the Raptors would chase him? I honestly think the Raptors, Celtics, Thunder(obviously), and Lakers(lol) will be the teams chasing KD the most. I'd say the Kings, but they already have Rudy gay, and they plan on getting Pau Gasol for the next season

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Whatever big market team has the pieces and cap space to sign both of them. So the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, or Heat would all be possibilities. Westbrook seems like a big market type of player to me personally. He was born in California and fashion is important to him. KD I think just wants to win championships and will go whereever he is given the best opportunity to win with Westbrook.

I'm sure KD won't go to a team that isn't at least above .500 and has some signs of possible rings.

Do you think the Raptors would chase him? I honestly think the Raptors, Celtics, Thunder(obviously), and Lakers(lol) will be the teams chasing KD the most. I'd say the Kings, but they already have Rudy gay, and they plan on getting Pau Gasol for the next season

People are trying to hype up this year's free agency because of the rise in salary cap this summer. However, I honestly think that most of the free agents will resign with their current teams. Durant will resign with the Thunder, DeRozan will resign with the Raptors and so on. The biggest name that will move will probably be Dwight and he's, at best, a second option on a contender; more likely a third option. Next year's free agency will be much more interesting in my opinion, especially if Durant has faith in his health and takes a one year deal.

I do agree though that Durant won't go to a team under .500 unless Westbrook is going with him. Any team with Durant and Westbrook is an automatic contender. So as long as a team has a solid supporting cast and the necessary cap space, they have chance.

TheGoldenBoy said:
hershel_layton said:

People are trying to hype up this year's free agency because of the rise in salary cap this summer. However, I honestly think that most of the free agents will resign with their current teams. Durant will resign with the Thunder, DeRozan will resign with the Raptors and so on. The biggest name that will move will probably be Dwight and he's, at best, a second option on a contender; more likely a third option. Next year's free agency will be much more interesting in my opinion, especially if Durant has faith in his health and takes a one year deal.

I do agree though that Durant won't go to a team under .500 unless Westbrook is going with him. Any team with Durant and Westbrook is an automatic contender. So as long as a team has a solid supporting cast and the necessary cap space, they have chance.

What teams have the best supporting cast? We won't include the Warriors for obvious reasons(their entire team is elite), with the Cavs and Spurs excluded as well. We know KD and westbrook will most likely not go there(unless KD is fancying a KD+LeBron fantasy team).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

What teams have the best supporting cast? We won't include the Warriors for obvious reasons(their entire team is elite), with the Cavs and Spurs excluded as well. We know KD and westbrook will most likely not go there(unless KD is fancying a KD+LeBron fantasy team).

In the current NBA there's only 4 teams with great supporting casts: Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, and the Clippers. Excluding those the Celtics and the Heat are the two most obvious teams because they have great executives. Durant and Westbrook could probably trust Riley or Ainge to build a great team around them because they've done it before. Plus they're also in the East, where the only obstacleto the Finals is Lebron. The 76ers have a lot of assets and young talent and if they can turn those into solid players by the 2017 NBA free agency, they might have chance. The Lakers have good young core in Russell-Clarkson-Randle-Nance and maybe Simmons or Ingram after this year's draft. The Knicks have improved a lot and there's no reason to believe that they won't improve again this offseason. That's pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head. Of course this is assuming they want to leave OKC, which I'm not sure they do.

Around the Network

I really enjoy both, and durant in his own way is a player unlike anything we've seen just as LeBron is. They're both the first to do what they do with their respective body types, and just a couple years ago it seemed inevitable that durant would eventually take over until curry burst onto the scene. I'm beginning to wonder if durant will be this generation's Charles Barkley, being an exceptional player that could never quite overcome his contemporary all-time greats.

Overall, LeBron (in my mind) has been the superior player and, while not as flashy to watch and being no where near the shooter that durant is, he gives you the better chance to win. LeBron always seems to have durant' number and, while the sample size isn't enormous, I think Lebron's 17-4 record against durant is telling.

TheGoldenBoy said:
hershel_layton said:

In the current NBA there's only 4 teams with great supporting casts: Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, and the Clippers. Excluding those the Celtics and the Heat are the two most obvious teams because they have great executives. Durant and Westbrook could probably trust Riley or Ainge to build a great team around them because they've done it before. Plus they're also in the East, where the only obstacleto the Finals is Lebron. The 76ers have a lot of assets and young talent and if they can turn those into solid players by the 2017 NBA free agency, they might have chance. The Lakers have good young core in Russell-Clarkson-Randle-Nance and maybe Simmons or Ingram after this year's draft. The Knicks have improved a lot and there's no reason to believe that they won't improve again this offseason. That's pretty much all I can think of off the top of my head. Of course this is assuming they want to leave OKC, which I'm not sure they do.

Heat is out of the option. They've been too close to the salary limit for the past few years. Durant of Westbrook would make them pay loads of taxes.

Also, do you think they'll want to stay if they're stuck with a horrible supporting cast? Ibaka is the only supporting cast you can call good.

hershel_layton said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Heat is out of the option. They've been too close to the salary limit for the past few years. Durant of Westbrook would make them pay loads of taxes.

Also, do you think they'll want to stay if they're stuck with a horrible supporting cast? Ibaka is the only supporting cast you can call good.

That's exactly why I wouldn't be surprised they both leave if Durant only signs a one year deal. The Thunder are only so good because of those two players. If you could put those two on any other shit team in the league, they'd probably still have the same record. Also it depends where the Warriors, Spurs and Clippers are after 2016-2017 season  on whether they leave OKC.

As for the Heat, I wouldn't put anything past Riley. The could probably do sign-and-trades or something like that to free up cap space for both guys.

I believe that Durant will sign a 1 year deal and depending on how the Thunder do next season will depend where he and Westbrook end up.
More specifically the help that they have around them and how they are utilized as a team to take a chunk of the load off of them. If nothing changes between now and then, I think they're both leaving.
If they get better and can legitimately go toe-to-toe with Golden State, (because I've been saying it since the start of the season that the Thunder are not a threat to the Warriors because they rely too much on Durant and Westbrook), and can take them to the limit, or actually beat them, then they're both gonna stay.
And if the Spurs can't topple them now, with Aldridge, Duncan, Ginobli, Parker, Leonard and those boys, than the Warriors are going to dominate the league for YEARS to come.... (Unless LeBron resigns with Miami in the offseason. The Heat with LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Haslem, Hassan Whiteside, Goran Dragic,  Joe Johnson, and Justice Winslow... oh my goodness.)