By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do people fear you because of your skin color?

In denmark I wouldnt say skin tone is a issue at all.
Usually black people are immagrants (usually christians) from africa, and they integrate well into our society.

Same is true for asians, no one gives a asian a look or anything like that here. Basically the more asians the better, your all welcome if you wanna live here.

Here its more about religion.
Theres alot of anamosity towards muslims, because of certain issues like them not wanting to learn our language (even if they lived here all their lives, and their parents did too), they have a us vs them mentality and flock together in ghettos. They dont want to live by our societys rules, but want to change our country to be more like where they came from.

I know thats a gross generalisation, but thats what perception of muslims is like here.

spurgeonryan said:
It is not fear, it is a prejudice, discriminatory, propoganda brought about by the news. They are part of what's wrong with the country, and why I don't watch the news. just reddit and yahoo.

Yeah alot of the blame can be put on the news.

Usually when you hear of muslims in the news, its never them doing something good.

Around the Network

I'm a lilly-white blue-eyed blonde in a homogenously white country. I'm also catholic in a 97% catholic country (the rest being mainly christian protestants). Nobody is scared of me, unless I carry a knife around

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

It could be that you actually have a scary look to ya or that you were making a mean face and you don't realize it. I'm mixed between a few races (irish, swedish, cherokee and japanese) so if I get a tan, I'll have a hispanic look to me. I do get looks from people but they aren't that negative. So I can kinda understand. It's not that big of a deal to me because no matter where I live in the world, I'll stand out. I'll always get looks.

I also can understand some people's weariness of hispanics because of the illegal immigration problem. It's not fair that hispanics have to carry that stigma because of a few but until illegal immigration is stopped, that won't change.

For me, it's because of my race.

Middle Easterns get a lot of hate in America. Most people first think I'm middle eastern(or Jewish), which results into the occassional disgusted look.

My mom gets more hate, due to the fact her clothes makes it more obvious she's middle eastern

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I think it's just different for everyone.
I had major resting bitch face in high school, and everyone thought I didn't like them.

Around the Network

People are afraid of me but mainly because of how I dress, hell one time some cops thought I was a criminal and they tried to arrest me!

Nah, everybody loves me. I'm black and have dreads. It's all about how you present yourself. I don't look even remotely scary, and that's on purpose.

In America I look boring, average, and tall. So I rarely get a look from anyone. Most people get out of my way as I walk, and usually say sorry if they run into me. But mostly I am just invisible. My friend is really skinny and tall and sometimes gets confronted by drunk dudebros and beggars/robbers, something I rarely have to deal with.

When I went to Japan I stood out as tall and could feel some of the gaijin stigma. But nothing too ridiculous.

People are definitely afraid of me. Though it has nothing to do with my skin color.

I am just a rather big and ugly fucker.

Though I will say its rather baffling how odd you feel when it does happen (people randomly being afraid of you),  I live near abouts to a very high Indian Population here in the US.  While the male adults/teens are fine, the adult females act like the devil incarnate is walking towards them (grabbing their children and huddling against a wall or whatever).  Culture is an odd thing.  I like staring at them...in a nice way of course!

BraLoD said:

Yes, I'm so white people are afraid to come too close and get blind.

At least that's what I tell myself to try to stop crying before sleeping.

Just go to a beach during summer buddy! Instead of being shiny white, you'll be shiny red.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won