By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bad reviewed games you loved.

Tagged games:

PixelPerfect said:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky is still one of my favorite games of all time, but it's metascore is sitting at 54 :/

I must try it, I absolutely love Super Mystery Dungeon, and there are peple who says Explorers is even better! :)

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
PixelPerfect said:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky is still one of my favorite games of all time, but it's metascore is sitting at 54 :/

I must try it, I absolutely love Super Mystery Dungeon, and there are peple who says Explorers is even better! :)

It's definitely more expansive and the story is better imo, plus there's more replay value with an entire post game story after the main campaign that lasts a good maybe 5-10 hours depending on what missions you take on in between

PixelPerfect said:

It's definitely more expansive and the story is better imo, plus there's more replay value with an entire post game story after the main campaign that lasts a good maybe 5-10 hours depending on what missions you take on in between

Great, I'll give it a chance then. Honestly I was surprised with SMD, I thought it was going to be a fairly decent game, and I think it's a great one, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Mystery Dungeon saga as a whole had been underrated all the time.

coolbeans said:

Well, Contrast did launch with some really pesky bugs (played 360 version).  But I certainly agree.  I did a good job with gameplay+storytelling; using shadows to convey meaning and such.  Posted a review of it back in the day:  http://n4g.com/channel/contrast_xbox-360/userreview/517241

I'm always surprised that user reviews are often more indepth and do abetter job than so called "professional" ones. Well done review, and might get Contrast at some point now.

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series usually gets panned by reviewers but I like it better the main series and the same goes for Hatred too ...

Then we have the .hack//G.U. multi-part series which gets hammered too by reviewers yet it's one of my better RPGs that I've played ...

Around the Network

Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, it may not be the best game ever it was so much fun when I played it with my cousin.

Recent...The Order 1886

Last gen...Cross Edge

6th gen...Orphan Scoin of Sorcery (no really, why did I like this?)

5th gen...Quest 64

And I never read reviews on any of the previous generations...too young to give a damn lol.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

There were a bunch of mediocre N64 games that I really enjoyed back in the day:

Winback (a poor man's MGS which ironically had gameplay influences on MGS2), Hybrid Heaven, Body Harvest, Fighter's Destiny, Cruis'n USA, Shadows Of The Empire, Road Rash 64, Paperboy 64, Destruction Derby 64, South Park, and a bunch more that I'm forgetting.

The N64 had a lot of "guilty pleasure" games on it for me.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

BraLoD said:
Mike321 said:
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, it may not be the best game ever it was so much fun when I played it with my cousin.

I used to play the shit out of this game with my cousin as well, lol.
We do share a good bunch of coincidences, don't we? xP

Hehe yes we do

Resonance of Fate

Currently Playing: N/A

Anime and Studying is life RN