By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?

Do YOU want Zelda Wii U being on NX

Yes, I want it, because... 274 55.58%

No, I dont want it, because... 144 29.21%

Results 75 15.21%

Total:493
RolStoppable said:

The Last of Us was made for the PS3 and teh C3LL. Of course it was difficult to port to the PS4 or any other platform.

You actually believe that Nintendo won't make a Zelda game for NX because of Skyward Sword's sales? That reasoning... wait, let me go get a trout.

Okay, I am back.

*slaps JNK with a large trout*

1. The Cell is a PowerPC based CPU. TLOU was heavily developed around that CPU and optimized for it. Zelda Wii U = same. The Wii U CPU is also not as easy to develop for (at least multiplattform). Maybe not as difficult as the cell, but still hard.

2. It only makes sense. They might make one, but i will be on the nx successor as well. They wont release Zelda NX on NX in the end of its lifetime and risk Skyward Swords sales if they have a new console in the pipeline they wanna push. Thats the same logic people justify the wii u port at the moment.

Around the Network

If it is a nice upgrade/more stable, then yes, I would love to play it on NX. If not, then I will play it on Wii U. 

Hi

bigtakilla said:
It's a waste of time, money, and resources as there are other games that would make consoles move much faster than a Zelda U port.

It's hilarious to hear people say that Zelda U port is gonna sell all these systems, lol.

true. Skyward Sword sold 3 mil. on 100 mil installed hardware base and people expects that millions will go and buy an NX to play the next zelda? Zelda Wii U wont even help the NX launch much. It will probl do less then mario kart 8 did on wii u (which is a much more popular franchise).

JNK said:
Miyamotoo said:

-TP HD is HD Remaster, not port. Zelda U probably won't be Remaster, it will be port. You also forget that WW HD development last only 6 months by Nintendo, TP HD was done by Tantalus much smaller team than Zelda team of Nintendo.

-I dont see like problem if NX Zelda being port on NX succor, nowadays every second games gets ported or remastered, especially because successor of NX will have same architecture and probably also unified platform, also from same reason I dont think next Zelda will took 5 years of devolpment.

-This dont make any sense. You forgetting that Wii U even with great lineup of games is selling terrible, but this year will sell much worse than previous. Ofcourse that people will buy new Nintendo platform instead dead platform, you basically saying that after PS4 launch most of people buying PS3 in order to play Last Of US instead PS4 but we all know that isnt true.

Also poll doesn't make much sense, because Zelda U NX port really wants only people who dont have Wii U, most of Wii U owners are fine with Zelda U port for NX while game still coming to Wii U.

Gamecube - Wii U is both PowerPC architecture.

Wii U - NX will probl be PowerPC to X86 architecture.

So porting wont be easy, just because it might be just a straight port. As comparison: naughty dog said porting TLOU to Ps4 was "hell".

BTW: I doubt nintendo will do a straight port. If they port the game to NX, they wanna show NX´s Power. If its just as good as wii u that wouldnt be nintendo style. They NEVER released two similar  games on 2 home consoles. The only reason they ported TP to Wii was because of the new controls.

Porting will be easy and fast despite different architecture, 3rd parties were doing ports of PS3/Xbox 360 game to Wii U for 6 months.

Again, TLOU for PS4 was Remaster (from 720p/30fps to 1080p/60fps), not simple port, and it was done buy small team of Naughty Dog for one year.

I dont think Nintendo will invest too much time of resources in NX version of Zelda U game, they will probably make straith port with some unique staffs for NX version, something similar like they done with Wii TP version in comparison with GC. NX port of Zelda U cant be show case of NX power because game is build from ground for Wii U power, some new title we be showcase of NX power, probably new 3D Mario that will be probably be launch title.

Controls are not only reason why TV was released for Wii too, same like Wii U situation, GC as at end of life and TP was huge game, so they ported game to Wii and make it launch game, and that was huge success, it was great launch title and TP Wii become best selling Zelda game, Nintendo want similar effect with Zelda U.

JNK said:

RolStoppable said:

You got it. Skyward Sword was only on the most successfull nintendo home console ever but failed nontheless. So if they decide to release zelda cross gen now, zelda nx have goood chances to be not "only on the nx"

You realise one of the biggest reasons why Skyward Sword didnt had better sales is because was launched on Wii when Wii basically dead (majority of users already migrated to other platforms)!? Just one reason more why Nintendo will port Zelda U to NX, they also saw sales of TP Wii version and sales of GC version.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
JNK said:

Gamecube - Wii U is both PowerPC architecture.

Wii U - NX will probl be PowerPC to X86 architecture.

So porting wont be easy, just because it might be just a straight port. As comparison: naughty dog said porting TLOU to Ps4 was "hell".

BTW: I doubt nintendo will do a straight port. If they port the game to NX, they wanna show NX´s Power. If its just as good as wii u that wouldnt be nintendo style. They NEVER released two similar  games on 2 home consoles. The only reason they ported TP to Wii was because of the new controls.

Porting will be easy and fast despite different architecture, 3rd parties were doing ports of PS3/Xbox 360 game to Wii U for 6 months.

Again, TLOU for PS4 was Remaster (from 720p/30fps to 1080p/60fps), not simple port, and it was done buy small team of Naughty Dog for one year.

I dont think Nintendo will invest too much time of resources in NX version of Zelda U game, they will probably make straith port with some unique staffs for NX version, something similar like they done with Wii TP version in comparison with GC. NX port of Zelda U cant be show case of NX power because game is build from ground for Wii U power, some new title we be showcase of NX power, probably new 3D Mario that will be probably be launch title.

Controls are not only reason why TV was released for Wii too, same like Wii U situation, GC as at end of life and TP was huge game, so they ported game to Wii and make it launch game, and that was huge success, it was great launch title and TP Wii become best selling Zelda game, Nintendo want similar effect with Zelda U.

If you're talking about the best selling version, sure. But the best selling title was OOT on N64. Plus, you seem to be forgetting a huge amount of initial backlash when they revealed Zelda U from non Nintendo fans (and some Nintendo fans) for the game not looking like the tech demo. TP announcement reception was insanely positive, and the best selling version was on Nintendo's best selling console of all time. And you're going to say these things are similar how?

Then look at how incredibly small the boost in sales numbers were to games that sales skyrocketed like the 3D Mario series, or Mario Kart from gamecube to wii.

JNK said:
bigtakilla said:
It's a waste of time, money, and resources as there are other games that would make consoles move much faster than a Zelda U port.

It's hilarious to hear people say that Zelda U port is gonna sell all these systems, lol.

true. Skyward Sword sold 3 mil. on 100 mil installed hardware base and people expects that millions will go and buy an NX to play the next zelda? Zelda Wii U wont even help the NX launch much. It will probl do less then mario kart 8 did on wii u (which is a much more popular franchise).

Skyward Sword sold 4m on 100m, but game arrived basically on dead platform when most of users migrate to other platforms and game itself required addon or different type of controller that neded to be bouth in order to play game. So I relly dont see how you can compare Zelda U on NX on with Skyward Sword, when you need to compare Zelda U on NX with TP Wii becuse Zelda U will also be launch title same like TP Wii was, and we all know how strong launch title TP was and how much was sold.

You basically ignoring facts and making comparisons that doesn't make any sense.

Yeah I'd rather it came to NX at this point. I'm pretty much done with my Wii U and once I've got though the few remaining games I have and maybe star fox if it turns out good, I'd much rather move onto the next system.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Miyamotoo said:
JNK said:

Skyward Sword sold 4m on 100m, but game arrived basically on dead platform when most of users migrate to other platforms and game itself required addon or different type of controller that neded to be bouth in order to play game. So I relly dont see how you can compare Zelda U on NX on with Skyward Sword, when you need to compare Zelda U on NX with TP Wii becuse Zelda U will also be launch title same like TP Wii was, and we all know how strong launch title TP was and how much was sold.

You basically ignoring facts and making comparisons that doesn't make any sense.

So you're saying LoZ only has the ability to move consoles when it's a console launch title? I'm not entirely following.

Yes, I want it on NX because it will probably be the superior version, and that way I can sell my Wii U in order to buy the new console too.