By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do we (customer) really want Zelda Wii U on NX?

Do YOU want Zelda Wii U being on NX

Yes, I want it, because... 274 55.58%

No, I dont want it, because... 144 29.21%

Results 75 15.21%

Total:493

OdinHades said:
Yes, I want it on NX, because I don't think I will ever get a Wii U at this point.

So you wanna buy an NX direclty on launch with maybe 2-3 other good launch games next to Zelda Wii U for probl ~400+ bucks instead of getting zelda wii u on the wii u for maybe half that priece and 20+ great exclusive games already available?

Around the Network

RolStoppable said:
You have three flawed reasons that get increasingly worse.

1. TP HD has redone graphics as well as overhauled and new gameplay features. Zelda U will be more or less a straight port, so it doesn't demand as many resources. Additionally, resources aren't really wasted when you can sell significantly more hardware and software with the decision to port the game to NX. A successful system is also good for consumers because then there's no looming question of whether or not the next Zelda game needs to be delayed in order to be prepared for a new system.

The just updated the texures. And Zelda Wii U to NX will most likely be a PowerPC to X86 port, so in that case it will be more difficult then Twilight Princess HD (PowerPC to PowerPC)

2. If NX is a success, then the next Zelda will be on NX as well. 

I doubt that. The Wii was a success but skyward sword sold pretty bad. It sold worse then Splatoon.

3. You mean like the Wii couldn't compete with the GC's lineup? The Wii passed the GC's lifetime sales in 15 months.

The Gamecube lineup was better then the Wii Lineup at all imo.

Since I'll buy NX, it makes sense for me as customer to get Zelda U on NX, even though I have a Wii U.

In that case it wouldnt matter on which system you would get it. On the other hand, like I already mentioned, the next zelda will most likely be delayed because of the time they spend on the NX port. So this will even be a disadvantage for you in my opinion.

The argument that the Nintendo WiiU will have a better lineup than NX is funny. Guess what? PS 3 has still the better lineup than PS 4 and you get cheap attractive bundles and guess what? Every successor console has a weaker lineup than its predecessor. Sounds logical?

Very important is to get as many early adopters as possible to cause hype which causes the 2nd line of adopters, causing hype again which causes the 3rd line of adopters... . That's the only way to successfully sell a new console, only exceptions are maybe the PS 3 and to a lesser degree the X-Box 360. They were slow starters which is worse than having (over-) hyped first three years, then slowing down, even if you ultimately sell more consoles. From a business perspective, console sales comming in late in the life cycle of a console don't matter much.

RolStoppable said:
JNK said:

So you wanna buy an NX direclty on launch with maybe 2-3 other good launch games next to Zelda Wii U for probl ~400+ bucks instead of getting zelda wii u on the wii u for maybe half that priece and 20+ great exclusive games already available?

Yes, he wants that. Only that NX won't cost $400+.

If its not around 400 bucks it wont be much more powerfull then the wii u. Nintendo wont sell a console with a loss or small profits.

JNK said:

Consider this:

- Porting takes time and ressources. Games like Twilight Princess HD tooked around 2 years to port (they started anytime in 2014). Zelda wii u port will most likely be done by the zelda team themself (they wont outsource such a project, no way). So the time they are using now on Zelda port, they could put directly into the next zelda. Result: Zelda Wii U on NX will delay the next zelda for around 1 year (because they will "waste" their time with an port)

- If they port Zelda Wii U to NX and the NX will be a success, they will probl do the same to the next zelda. Any Nintendo console will be started with an new Zelda game. So the next Zelda game would also be on the NX successor (5-6 year development time = console cycle). This means the nx (in terms of zelda games) will probl be very useless.

- Most of us own a Wii U anyway. So getting the game on the wii u is not a problem. For those who dont own a wii u, it will probl make much more sense to get a wii u for zelda at NX launch. Even with an strong lineup, NX wouldnt had any chance to compete with the Wii U´s current lineup. Also the wii u will probl drop in priece when NX releases. Keep in mind, you have Smash, mario kart, mario 3D world, Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2, Pokken Tournament, Star Fox Zero, Xenoblade X, Splatoon and much more on the wii u. Even with a strong lineup, the NX could never compete against that. It will probl take around 2 years till the NX will have an as good game lineup as the wii u currently have.

So even if it would make sense for nintendo to port the game (more sales, better NX sales), it wouldnt make sense for us custormers/nintendo fans.

Thats why I think they should find other ways to sell Zelda on Wii U and to sell the NX (other new games, third party support).

-TP HD is HD Remaster, not port. Zelda U probably won't be Remaster, it will be port. You also forget that WW HD development last only 6 months by Nintendo, TP HD was done by Tantalus much smaller team than Zelda team of Nintendo.

-I dont see like problem if NX Zelda being port on NX succor, nowadays every second games gets ported or remastered, especially because successor of NX will have same architecture and probably also unified platform, also from same reason I dont think next Zelda will took 5 years of devolpment.

-This dont make any sense. You forgetting that Wii U even with great lineup of games is selling terrible, but this year will sell much worse than previous. Ofcourse that people will buy new Nintendo platform instead dead platform, you basically saying that after PS4 launch most of people buying PS3 in order to play Last Of US instead PS4 but we all know that isnt true.

Also poll doesn't make much sense, because Zelda U NX port really wants only people who dont have Wii U, most of Wii U owners are fine with Zelda U port for NX while game still coming to Wii U.

Around the Network
Fight-the-Streets said:
The argument that the Nintendo WiiU will have a better lineup than NX is funny. Guess what? PS 3 has still the better lineup than PS 4 and you get cheap attractive bundles and guess what? Every successor console has a weaker lineup than its predecessor. Sounds logical?

Thats true. Thats why I just got a ps4 half a year ago. because the ps3 was the way better deal. Getting a console on launch isnt very clever.

I got the ps4 for 250,- (so almost half price compared to launch) + got at least enough games worth buying. 

Miyamotoo said:

-TP HD is HD Remaster, not port. Zelda U probably won't be Remaster, it will be port. You also forget that WW HD development last only 6 months by Nintendo, TP HD was done by Tantalus much smaller team than Zelda team of Nintendo.

-I dont see like problem if NX Zelda being port on NX succor, nowadays every second games gets ported or remastered, especially because successor of NX will have same architecture and probably also unified platform, also from same reason I dont think next Zelda will took 5 years of devolpment.

-This dont make any sense. You forgetting that Wii U even with great lineup of games is selling terrible, but this year will sell much worse than previous. Ofcourse that people will buy new Nintendo platform instead dead platform, you basically saying that after PS4 launch most of people buying PS3 in order to play Last Of US instead PS4 but we all know that isnt true.

Also poll doesn't make much sense, because Zelda U NX port really wants only people who dont have Wii U, most of Wii U owners are fine with Zelda U port for NX while game still coming to Wii U.

Gamecube - Wii U is both PowerPC architecture.

Wii U - NX will probl be PowerPC to X86 architecture.

So porting wont be easy, just because it might be just a straight port. As comparison: naughty dog said porting TLOU to Ps4 was "hell".

BTW: I doubt nintendo will do a straight port. If they port the game to NX, they wanna show NX´s Power. If its just as good as wii u that wouldnt be nintendo style. They NEVER released two similar  games on 2 home consoles. The only reason they ported TP to Wii was because of the new controls.

RolStoppable said:

1. They changed quite a few more things, similar to what they did with The Wind Waker HD. Zelda U's porting job won't be incredibly difficult, and like I said, it will be or more less a 1:1 c

Nintendo never did something similar. They always had a "reason" to port a game. Doing this wouldnt be nintendo style. Also Porting from PowerPC to x86 is not that easy.  

http://www.destructoid.com/naughty-dog-porting-the-last-of-us-to-ps4-was-hell-275048.phtml

2. But Skyward Sword was only on the Wii and that's the point. You lost.onversion. The biggest differences that I expect are a different control scheme (no Gamepad) and 1080p@30fps vs. 720p@30fps.

You got it. Skyward Sword was only on the most successfull nintendo home console ever but failed nontheless. So if they decide to release zelda cross gen now, zelda nx have goood chances to be not "only on the nx".

3. Your opinion isn't a good rebuttal, to be honest.

2 Prime games, Double Dash, Smash, Sunshine, Windwaker and TP, 

And the Wii had Mario galaxy and successor to those games.

4. I'll gladly take all the games that come with a healthy platform as filler to tide me over until the next Zelda arrives.

If NX is a portable, no, if it is a home console... still no. Backwards compatibility covers everything.

It's a waste of time, money, and resources as there are other games that would make consoles move much faster than a Zelda U port.

It's hilarious to hear people say that Zelda U port is gonna sell all these systems, lol.