By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Were you / are you popular in your high school?

Well I have a lot of friends so I think i'm somewhat popular, but I'm probably not considered a "cool kid". You know the ones who smoke weed and get all the girls and are cool now but when they end up working at McDonalds and I'm working a good fulltime job then whose cool??

I'm back...

Around the Network

Honestly, I wasn't in the popular crowd. I had my friends and that was good enough for me. I had strong crushes on girls but was always too nervous when they'd ask me out.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I got more then enough friends that I do not remember their names so I am a pretty popular kid in my high school

I was pretty quiet in HS, so I was often ignored, but those that knew me generally liked me.

And my HS didn't really have "popular" groups. Everybody just kind've hung out together. Some groups formed, but many people just floated between the groups.

Though it was an all male high school, so there weren't any girls for the jocks, etc. to try and impress, which kept out a lot of the tension prevalent in other high schools.

you get popular in high school by playing sports and/or partying a lot.

I was of average popularity, but being pissed off by stupid high school drama I started to only hang around my favorite friends of various cliques.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network
Soriku said:
leo-j said:
You cant be popular in high school.. its too big of a school, my school has over 4000 students

It doesn't have to be the WHOLE school. It could be your grade or class. OT: Not in HS yet (8th grade now) but I'd say I'm fairly popular. Some of the more popular kids like me.

Soriku I was kinda like you some  of the popular kids liked me but then they all form groups and I was left alone and I had to hang out with the "losers" but they didn't respect  me, so there was a time when I was without friends(sad story), but now I have new friends although they are not popular they are cool, plus I have all my vgchartz buddies.

PS: know who really are your  friends there are some people that will just try to take advantage of you.

The first years no...But the last years yes;.

I always liked to let the teachers cry..Being some kind of rebel..Oh man I miss it;.

Oh well I guess I was some kind of that cool, fun guy called Weezy =p

I know most people in my year and they me... I can get along quite well with them... Lets just say that i'm not really 'popular' but not a loner... Somewhere in the upper-middle... I hang out with very diverse people outside school...

But why does one need to be 'popular'?!... I can get along really well with just being somewhere in the upper-average regions... Have enough friends and enough 'connections' with people in my year to sometimes get the answers for tests before they are given or head to the burger king with ~10 people in a free-hour etc...

THE NETHERLANDS

My school has 500 kids so it's quite small. As a result, being clearly popular is very hard. Well known? Kind of, but everybody knows every body. I guess if you combine all the possible sorts of popularity I'd be doing okay. I'm on the "Top 5" list for guys in my grade; I'm not ostracized; my closest friends are some of the most attractive and well known girls in the school; I assume I'm valedictorian (my school doesn't assign valedictorian or salutatorian because we're a really smart school, and class ranks would potentially hurt a lot of smart kids in terms of colleges); it's not too bad.

I love how some people here said "well, I was sorta popular, I mean the cool people knew me" or "yeah, the cool people were nice to me" or "well girls liked me"

You're not popular just because they in-crowd knows you, the in-crowd for the most part know everybody and what group they belong to. If you were invited to the parties, were an athlete of some sort, were sleeping with someone part of the in-crowd (we only have sex with each other) or an outstanding student socially you are part of the in-crowd. You're not part of it just because someone knows you which basically means you were not popular, you were just a name on the list of the others in our book.

What are you looking at, nerd?