By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ? concerning transgender people

Are you transgender(or any other special gender)?

Yes. 7 6.36%

No. 103 93.64%

Total:110
Nettles said:
Brain doesn't matter.Popping pills won't change the thing that matters most....
Men are born with a Y chromosome, women with another X chromosome.This is what determines gender.
XX = female, XY = male.

Actually, it's not that simple for many people.

It's like saying "you have blue or brown eyes."  Well, yes, those are the genes, but there are also other modifiers that give people, green, hazel, lavender, grey, pink, and some are two colour and heterochromic - sometimes cause by chimerism where people can contain to completely separate DNA strains from different people are in one body.

There are XXXY people, and other sorts of 'intersex' combinations.  Some x's are incomplete - so they are sort of between and X and a Y.  

So when you study something as complex as DNA and even more complex human personality and sexuality - it's easy to see how some people end up somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

TheLight said:

But isn't it that which is physical more real than that whitch we feel? 

Actually, in a way, it's not.

I've recently read a study about outer body expieriences and what it comes down to, is that your brain identifies a hallucination as your real body instead of your physical one, creating a powerfull illusion of being at two places at once. For the people expieriencing it, it's real though. They feel alienated from heir own body in these cases, which often leads to extreme panick. One of the patients in the study had actually jumped out of a third story window in order to try and allign his bodys again.

Here comes the kicker though, this is replicable. They showed the control group VR representations of themselves from the back, wich acted with exactly the same movements as they did. It caused their brains to initiate outer body expieriences, identifying more strongly with the virtual body than their physical one.

The reason this is happening and is also replicable, is that your brain has a virtual representation of your body at all times. It acts as a sort of interface to allow your mind to interact with your physical form. This includes all of your body parts that should be present, ergo also your gender.

The discrepancy between sex and gender felt by trans people is similar to the discrepancy felt between their mind and their physical body when people have out of body experiences. Their brain keeps telling them they are something that does not allign with their physical body, but to them it's reality. With our current level of medicine, we can 'fix' their bodys for them, but have no means of altering the brains they were born with to align with their physical sex.

The idea that any being would need a non-natural body modification is extremely sad and tells a lot about the fragility and flaws of humanity. Humans are experts of denying reality and only from those depths could the current primitive solution of sex change be innovated. Anything goes and is justified because humans think they have the birthright of feeling happy, lol...and some people think humans have transcended....LOL, human actions contain a lot of useless bullshit for a transcended being compared to a ant, snake or a tree.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Zappykins said:
Nettles said:
Brain doesn't matter.Popping pills won't change the thing that matters most....
Men are born with a Y chromosome, women with another X chromosome.This is what determines gender.
XX = female, XY = male.

Actually, it's not that simple for many people.

It's like saying "you have blue or brown eyes."  Well, yes, those are the genes, but there are also other modifiers that give people, green, hazel, lavender, grey, pink, and some are two colour and heterochromic - sometimes cause by chimerism where people can contain to completely separate DNA strains from different people are in one body.

There are XXXY people, and other sorts of 'intersex' combinations.  Some x's are incomplete - so they are sort of between and X and a Y.  

So when you study something as complex as DNA and even more complex human personality and sexuality - it's easy to see how some people end up somewhere in the middle of the spectrum.

Not to mention the fact that human chimeras are a disconcertingly common thing. There have been cases where physical parents have failed paternerty tests because they turned out to be chimeric. It's often just parts of the body that exibit the chimerism, but if that part is your sex organs, it's possible to have children that are genetically not yours.

This does not stop at same sex chimerism either, there is lots of intersex ones. There was a female athlete that got genetic testing done (because people alledged that she was a man in disguise or a transgender, possibly a hermaphrodite) and when they tested her hair they found two distinct sets of genetic material. One male, one female. She was an intersex chimera and it exibited in her hair. It is defently not as simple as: You either have one, or the other on a genetic level.

General rule of thumb, if someone has two diffrent hair- or eyecolors he or she probably has chimerism. (I have a friend that has three driffrent beard colors, red, blonde, and black, that I strongly suspect might be cause by this. In his case the three colors are evenly distributed, so his beard just looks red from further away.)

This of course has rather troubling implications for genetic testing for forensic purposes and crime prosecution. Some DNA samples might never be matched up with anyone even if the right person is tested, because the person in question might carry diffrent sets of DNA in diffrent parts of their body. Chimerism takes pretty extensive testing to detect, too.

Genetical gender is not the same as "mental" gender (I don't know what's the correct phrase in English xDD). You could be a man, and still feel like a woman, and viceversa. We have to be supportive and seeing this as something normal (it IS something normal, you know what I mean), so they could integrate into society easily, not with some pricks and assholes insulting them and bulliying them, which, sadly, happens way too much.

Around the Network
Semmie said:
Iyasu said:

And I don't agree.

I could rant about your flawed logic in a wall of text, but I'll try to keep it very short.

That the west is currently "dieing out" is because families are not having as many children as 50 years ago, because there is something called birth control.

So that doesn't have anything to do with men not being raised like "men", whatever that is supposed to be.

It has nothibg to do with birth control. Its greed and selfishness. We want smartphones fast cars games. And any individual thing. No time for kids. People fear marriage for divorce and giving half of their property. The topic is complicated. 

My opinion is there would be a whole less transgenders if the kids are raised properly. Man be man. Woman be women

What is in your opinion "raised properly"? I'm curious.

Volterra_90 said:
Semmie said:

It has nothibg to do with birth control. Its greed and selfishness. We want smartphones fast cars games. And any individual thing. No time for kids. People fear marriage for divorce and giving half of their property. The topic is complicated. 

My opinion is there would be a whole less transgenders if the kids are raised properly. Man be man. Woman be women

What is in your opinion "raised properly"? I'm curious.

Your father raising u as a man. Taking me to his job his café. Watching snooker or wrestling. Teaching me to be good for my wife. Like my father is being good to mom. And showing me a task as a protector for the family. A man with dignity. 

My mother giving me the womens love and understanfing the anatomy that women have a special skill to give love. 

In short learning the balance and how to seperate the anatomy. 

So how does it go nowadays?

Momma is working never saw her. When i see her she is smartphoning. My father to busy behind pc or working all day. My example the babysitter. Just a women standing there untill momma comes to drop me to bed. 

All i know is women circles and i never learned to seperate or how to handle it. 

Id crisis in optima form and not knowing how to act likr a man for all we know is how to act like a women. So i decide eventually to become transgenders. 

Do u feel it now?

I know transgenders are there. But to promote it is foolish. 

We are against nature here. 

WC4Life said:
The idea that any being would need a non-natural body modification is extremely sad and tells a lot about the fragility and flaws of humanity. Humans are experts of denying reality and only from those depths could the current primitive solution of sex change be innovated. Anything goes and is justified because humans think they have the birthright of feeling happy, lol...and some people think humans have transcended....LOL, human actions contain a lot of useless bullshit for a transcended being compared to a ant, snake or a tree.

We are on the same line

SuperNova said:

Not to mention the fact that human chimeras are a disconcertingly common thing. There have been cases where physical parents have failed paternerty tests because they turned out to be chimeric. It's often just parts of the body that exibit the chimerism, but if that part is your sex organs, it's possible to have children that are genetically not yours.

This does not stop at same sex chimerism either, there is lots of intersex ones. There was a female athlete that got genetic testing done (because people alledged that she was a man in disguise or a transgender, possibly a hermaphrodite) and when they tested her hair they found two distinct sets of genetic material. One male, one female. She was an intersex chimera and it exibited in her hair. It is defently not as simple as: You either have one, or the other on a genetic level.

General rule of thumb, if someone has two diffrent hair- or eyecolors he or she probably has chimerism. (I have a friend that has three driffrent beard colors, red, blonde, and black, that I strongly suspect might be cause by this. In his case the three colors are evenly distributed, so his beard just looks red from further away.)

This of course has rather troubling implications for genetic testing for forensic purposes and crime prosecution. Some DNA samples might never be matched up with anyone even if the right person is tested, because the person in question might carry diffrent sets of DNA in diffrent parts of their body. Chimerism takes pretty extensive testing to detect, too.

Isn't Chimerism bizzare!  Two people (or other organism) woven into one.   Have you seen the BBC special on the mother that gave birth to her 'sisters' kids?

(There is a half white/half black baby in that - somewhat striped or checkered that's really interesting. )

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Semmie said:

Your father raising u as a man. Taking me to his job his café. Watching snooker or wrestling. Teaching me to be good for my wife. Like my father is being good to mom. And showing me a task as a protector for the family. A man with dignity. 

My mother giving me the womens love and understanfing the anatomy that women have a special skill to give love. 

In short learning the balance and how to seperate the anatomy. 

So how does it go nowadays?

Momma is working never saw her. When i see her she is smartphoning. My father to busy behind pc or working all day. My example the babysitter. Just a women standing there untill momma comes to drop me to bed. 

All i know is women circles and i never learned to seperate or how to handle it. 

Id crisis in optima form and not knowing how to act likr a man for all we know is how to act like a women. So i decide eventually to become transgenders. 

Do u feel it now?

I know transgenders are there. But to promote it is foolish. 

We are against nature here. 

So, raising a man like a "maley heterosexual man"? There no such thing as that. Why do we have to "promote" heterosexuality, for example? Why do we have to take our children to go to wrestling if he doesn't like wrestling? Why do we have to educate our children with a propose of marriage? Why do the man has to be the protector of the family? I think that's a sexist and homophobic way of thinking, but to each his own. I'm not anyone to tell somebody how he wants to raise his future/present family. I just don't agree with it. If I had children in the future (not planning on it, but who knows?) and my children happens to be homosexual, the female child wants to go to wrestling and not have a family, the male child wants to go to a gay parade, and all those things that maybe are different to your standard norms, I'll support them either. I think it's normal behaviour and we have to teach our children about sexuality (not just hetero-sexuality), about family (not a standarized woman-man family, but a woman-woman parenthood, a man-man parenthood... ), etc.

And why is trasgender against nature? Nature is not black and white, there are shades of "gray". There are evidences of 4,5 years old children who doesn't feel like their gender might suggest. If he/she happens to feel like the opposite gender, go for it, you'll create an inmense trauma on the child if you force it to be what their cromosomes say. It's a gender problem, not having XX/XY cromosomes.