By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will the new Crash be exclusive or multiplat?

Tagged games:

Will the new Crash be exclusive or multiplat?

PS4 exclusive. All that n... 98 68.53%

Multiplat. It's going to... 24 16.78%

Crash for 8th gen is a my... 15 10.49%

Crash will appear in Skylanders confirmed. 6 4.20%

Total:143
WoodenPints said:
Will be on PS4, PC, Xbox One and NX since they want as many sales as possible and probably be a PS4 bundle with Sony having marketing rights for it.

That's what I think too PS4 is beyond obvious, the XBone because I imagine it will be easy to port it quickly there, and Nintendo fans have a good reputation with platformers, so might as well give it a shot.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Probably multi. Historically, Crash doesn't have a home. He just cropped up on PlayStation first.

Historically, Crash was at home on PlayStation. Originally Naughty Dog developed the series exclusively for the PS1. Crash 1, Crash 2, Crash 3, and Crash Racing. Crash Bandicoot was undeniably one of the defining series for the PS1, and was also Naughty Dog's first major success, pushing them towards the Sony studio we know and love today. It was only after the racing title, when Naughty Dog decided they were done and had Jak in their sites, that Crash was sold off and became multiplat, seeing ever declining sales and barely even poking his head into last gen. Crash was definitely at home on PlayStation in every way.

That said, on the topic, if Sony is reviving Crash, I can guarantee they bought Crash back. Considering Crash was dragged through the dirt for about a decade and forgotten about for about the past six years for the most part, I doubt he was exceptionally expensive to buy back. The days of being a hot IP were exhausted, and I'm sure Activision was happy just to get some money for the IP they haven't been using anyways. There is no monetary benefit to sitting on an IP and letting it rot.

If Sony has bought the rights back like I think, PS4 exclusive, guaranteed. Probably not developed by Naughty Dog, but I'm sure Sony has the right studio going for it.

Well if sony is making Crash toys, it means they own it so PS4(/Vita?) exclusive

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Azuren said:
Probably multi. Historically, Crash doesn't have a home. He just cropped up on PlayStation first.

I always thought Sony owned them first and sometime later sold the IP to Acti.

I miss the old Crash days though and the themes to go with it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

PS4 exclusive.
Also supposedly its not activisions IP anymore, Sony bought it.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
PS4 exclusive.
Also supposedly its not activisions IP anymore, Sony bought it.

Wait, what? When did that happen? Source, please.

Ka-pi96 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Wait, what? When did that happen? Source, please.

He said 'supposedly'.

I know, but rumours have to come from somewhere.

BraLoD said:
It'll be exclusive to the Vita.

You heard it here first folks.

Is this before or after the Legend of Dragoon remake is confirmed? Ha! Annnnd, I'm sad now.

Probably PS4 and PC then X1 a year later and NX at launch. Something like that, unless Sony outright buys the IP then exclusive rights these days are usually timed.

X1 and PS4.