By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Knack 2 leaked via animator's LinkedIn profile

Megaton! I'm waiting for knack on ps plus. Hopefully I like it.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
Slade6alpha said:
Oh God please no. First one was an utter train wreck. One of, if not the worst platform game I've ever played.

Bland level design, mediocre combat, corridor platform, with utterly nonsensical difficulty spikes, with no real value with exploration.

i dont see the big deal it wasnt supposed to be a platformer in the first place but something like crash bandicoot mixed with Final Fight. It plays like any Beat Em Up and pretty good. Graphics look also amazing it looks like a pixar movie 

Terrible terrible comparison.

Knack was God of War "very light". It similaritites ran down straight to the engine being used. 

Knack needs a focus. Its gimmick of getting bigger didnt feel fun if the enemies scaled to a point to where its necessary and not a power up. The fighting mechanics were completely boring, platforming was beyond mediocre. Knack had no strong draw in the gameplay department. Im surprised a Japanese developer worked on it even if was led by a non Japanese director. Actually, Puppeteer had similar issues and was also developed by a Japanese team led by a western dude.  

They tried to make it simple like Crash, but Crash had layer of complexity Knack does not. 

Xxain said:
Ruler said:

i dont see the big deal it wasnt supposed to be a platformer in the first place but something like crash bandicoot mixed with Final Fight. It plays like any Beat Em Up and pretty good. Graphics look also amazing it looks like a pixar movie 

Terrible terrible comparison.

Knack was God of War "very light". It similaritites ran down straight to the engine being used. 

Knack needs a focus. Its gimmick of getting bigger didnt feel fun if the enemies scaled to a point to where its necessary and not a power up. The fighting mechanics were completely boring, platforming was beyond mediocre. Knack had no strong draw in the gameplay department. Im surprised a Japanese developer worked on it even if was led by a non Japanese director. Actually, Puppeteer had similar issues and was also developed by a Japanese team led by a western dude.  

They tried to make it simple like Crash, but Crash had layer of complexity Knack does not. 

Thats because both games were devoloped for Hardware in mind first. Knack for the power of the PS4 and puppeteer for move.

Well, I doubt they'll rush this one out so it might be good?

Knack 2 Release? 2016?

Around the Network

I think the funny thing about Knack is that most of the hate comes from people who have never played it. Most of those who do see it as a fun, but flawed, experience. Personally, I'll be getting this day 1, just like the first one was one of the first games I bought for the PS4. The only things they need to really fix are the difficulty spikes, where certain enemies could take you out in 2-3 hits, and the random collection of gems. Randomized collections aren't bad, but when I have all the rubies I need, don't keep giving them to me in the next play through.

Itll be super funny if this comes out and turns out to be some super smahsingly amazing piece of gaming.

CGI-Quality said:
DakonBlackblade said:
Itll be super funny if this comes out and turns out to be some super smahsingly amazing piece of gaming.

Unfortunately, I hardly expect that (as much as I enjoyed Knack). I do think, however, think that the sequel can/will be a vast improvement.

Imagine if this is somethign similar to Jak 2 was in comparission to Jak and Dexter. All of a suden they give us Open World Knak with this hughe city full of fun stuf to do, missions to go on and places to explore. I know im phantasising but maybe the whole point of making Knak 2 is to show ppl how wrogn they where. Kinda liek what Square Enix did with Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn ,wich ended up being the bext MMO I ever played and came form possibly the worst MMO ever made.