By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - List of 7th gen, million selling Nintendo games.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Agreed. 

Nintendo currently employs about 5000 people.

By contrast, Sony Computer Entertainment has around 8000, EA has about 8400, Ubisoft roughly 9200.

I don't want them to grow too massively and become over bloated but becoming roughly the size of those you listed would probably be manageable.

Yeah, I think 8000-10,000 should be doable without losing cohesion or becoming unwieldly. SCE seem to do fine, for instance.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
I love just how explosive the Wii brand was. With around ten games they sold more in one generation than some of the biggest franchises of gaming ever did in their whole existence. And a generation after, nobody remembers the Wii brand. It's amazing.

Are you counting the bundled and pre-installed games?

And I'm sure the biggest gaming franchises have sold more than 22M copies.

curl-6 said:
zorg1000 said:

I don't want them to grow too massively and become over bloated but becoming roughly the size of those you listed would probably be manageable.

Yeah, I think 8000-10,000 should be doable without losing cohesion or becoming unwieldly. SCE seem to do fine, for instance.

Ya it would allow them to expand a few studios and open a few new ones as well. Retro really needs to expand to the point where they have two full size teams, same with Monolith and perhaps create a couple more EPD teams.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Ya it would allow them to expand a few studios and open a few new ones as well. Retro really needs to expand to the point where they have two full size teams, same with Monolith and perhaps create a couple more EPD teams.

Retro being able to make multiple major projects simultaneously would be freaking sweet. Imagine getting a Retro title every 2 years. *Drools*

zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Monolith desperately needs more teams. I'd probably also pump some into Intelligent Systems with the amount of shit they do.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network
Megaoverlord12 said:
HorgenJorgen said:
Credit where credit is due: that is certainly a TON of games, but let's remember, this is when Nintendo was capitalizing off of the casuals, and that base has abandoned them completely. I mean, look at the Wii U. Nintendo is already coming out with the NX this year while Microsoft for example will be supporting the XboxOne for another 10+ years.

I was wondering when someone was going to come along and compare this to Microsoft or Sony. I'm honestly somewhat surprised it took as long as it did.

Yes, this is the casual peak, and you can even see that in the Microsoft 7th gen thread with the Kinect games. 

I wouldn't consider Kinect games casual like the games on the Wii are. Kinect games are on a hardcore system whereas the Wii is a casual system therefore the games on it are casual games. Don't even get me started on the Wii U!

HorgenJorgen said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

I was wondering when someone was going to come along and compare this to Microsoft or Sony. I'm honestly somewhat surprised it took as long as it did.

Yes, this is the casual peak, and you can even see that in the Microsoft 7th gen thread with the Kinect games. 

I wouldn't consider Kinect games casual like the games on the Wii are. Kinect games are on a hardcore system whereas the Wii is a casual system therefore the games on it are casual games. Don't even get me started on the Wii U!

Brilliant logic!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
HorgenJorgen said:

Brilliant logic!

What is it specifically that you have a probelm with? Are you going to articulate your points, or just dismiss them with the wave of your hand?

HorgenJorgen said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

The system doesn't change the game. Are you saying that if a carbon copy of Wii Sports were to release on the Xbox One or 360, that it would be a less casual game because it's on a more "hardcore" system? The Wii got Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, is that a casual game because it's on the Wii?

And you really seem like you have something to say regarding the Wii U. What is it?

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

HorgenJorgen said:
zorg1000 said:

Brilliant logic!

What is it specifically that you have a probelm with? Are you going to articulate your points, or just dismiss them with the wave of your hand?

Well I would really love to hear how the Kinect series is more "hardcore" than the Wii Series. What about Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Kinect Joy Ride, Kinectimals is more "hardcore" than Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Wii Party?