By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - January 2016 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

in february then: More than 320.000 PS4's in the USA = ) because the street fighter 5, naruto uns4 and digimon story-release for ps4.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Kresnik said:
Speaking of leaks:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=195322319&postcount=1876

rise ltd
XB1 368
360 71

Doesn't look good for TR in terms of legs, but I'll be more interested to see February sales. Hope Cream leaks them too.

The retail is not looking too hot right now. At 30 something bucks the game is ranked 137 at Amazon right now, so the game is not showing legs at least on the retail market.

There is always the unkown digital market tho.

The price cutting right now is proof that Microsoft overstuffed their channel's (as I predicted). They had 1 decent very good selling bundle, and a dozen ones that flopped. Microsoft is probably getting rid of most of them, and preparing to have a few for the 1st half of the year. Either way, Microsoft needs a price cut for E3. It can't compete with price parity, as we've already seen...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

The price cutting right now is proof that Microsoft overstuffed their channel's (as I predicted). They had 1 decent very good selling bundle, and a dozen ones that flopped. Microsoft is probably getting rid of most of them, and preparing to have a few for the 1st half of the year. Either way, Microsoft needs a price cut for E3. It can't compete with price parity, as we've already seen...

How much of a Price Cut ?, the console already is being sold for 300US$, you mean 250US$ Bundles ?.

Swordmasterman said:
barneystinson69 said:

How much of a Price Cut ?, the console already is being sold for 300US$, you mean 250US$ Bundles ?.

It was 349. It needs to be 299, and a slim bundle would be nice as well.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Swordmasterman said:

It was 349. It needs to be 299, and a slim bundle would be nice as well.

I Thought that they were still selling Gears of War, for 300US$.

They need the Combo of a Price Cut, and some game like The Division, or Quantum Break, for 250US$ with a bundle.

PS4 - 254k
XBO - 131k
Wii U - 38k
3DS - 77k

Fear_Me_All said:
PS4 - 254k
XBO - 131k
Wii U - 38k
3DS - 77k

?

3sexty said:

The Xbox One's price parity with the PS4 in the U.S is clearly not working for them and I think a $50 price reduction to $300 is in order but not this early in the year as the impact will be negligible given that is is the off peak sales season. Perhaps the second half of this year would have a better impact moving forward.

You're right.  Microsoft making pre season cuts is just throwing revenue away.  It doesn't make much difference and the ps4 still outsells it.  They're better off holding off on any cuts until October / November.  

But either way they're still going to lose so it's just deciding how much they lose by and how much revenue they take in. 

Fear_Me_All said:
PS4 - 254k
XBO - 131k
Wii U - 38k
3DS - 77k

If that's true I have to ask.  Has the ps4 outsold the Wii U by over 6-1 before in the US?