By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - List of 8th gen, million selling Nintendo games 2.0. Tomodachi over 5 mil! Mario Maker over 3 mil! Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon added!

leedlelee said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Nintendogs being a launch title helped I'm sure. And as zorg mentions, it was massively popular during the DS gen. Cute ftw. Splatoon will likely go down as the most important game Nitnendo released during this entire console generation, though Awakening gets special kudos as well.

I actually think it's entirely possible that the fact that it was a launch title might have hindered sales...

Think back to buzz and advertising for the 3DS when it first launched...

The mainstream public (meaning casuals) was unaware of 3DS's existence...

It was therefor unaware of the existence of Nintendogs+cats...

I think it's entirely possible that had Nintendogs launched when there was greater public interest in the console, the game might have actually sold better...

Good point. Additionally, the longer they waited, the higher the demand for a new Nintendogs would have been. Makes you curious how much it would of sold in 2012-2014, when the 3DS was at its peak.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

Tagging this for the future, truly how many million sellers Nintendo IP has, fantastic really.

Mbolibombo said:
Tagging this for the future, truly how many million sellers Nintendo IP has, fantastic really.

zorg (the creator of the old thread), saw 50 million sellers across wii u/3ds. You see that? Assuming the 2 Zeldas and Pokemon do that's 46, but 50's going to be tough.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Bayonetta 2

Bayonetta 2

Around the Network
onionberry said:
Bayonetta 2

DAXFM said:
Bayonetta 2

I had a feeling that was coming. I'm conflicted on Bayo 2. On the one hand, I know that Nintendo funded the game's existence. On the other, the Bayonetta franchise is owned by Sega, and this thread is for franchises and games that Nintendo owns all rights to. Should I count it as a Nintendo game on this thread, or as a Sega game on the third party thread?

Megaoverlord12 said:
Mbolibombo said:

zorg (the creator of the old thread), saw 50 million sellers across wii u/3ds. You see that? Assuming the 2 Zeldas and Pokemon do that's 46, but 50's going to be tough.

Likely the ones you mentioned. I also believe Pokken will make it for sure. Then I give Paper Mario an outside shot since it's a beloved franchise and really, Wii U owners are probably starved for a new game by then. Now we are at 48. Hmm... Kirby perhaps? There are no numbers from outside of Japan yet. It's a stretch but I think it can be done. Lots of older games are a couple of thousands short of 1 million I believe.

We dont count Lego City and Bayonetta 2 right?

Mbolibombo said:
Megaoverlord12 said:

Likely the ones you mentioned. I also believe Pokken will make it for sure. Then I give Paper Mario an outside shot since it's a beloved franchise and really, Wii U owners are probably starved for a new game by then. Now we are at 48. Hmm... Kirby perhaps? There are no numbers from outside of Japan yet. It's a stretch but I think it can be done. Lots of older games are a couple of thousands short of 1 million I believe.

We dont count Lego City and Bayonetta 2 right?

I'm in half a mind on those. I know Nintendo published both of those, so they likely own the rights to them. On the other hand, they're in series' that Nintendo do not own, so I'm conflicted.

Oh nice Super Mystery Dungeon made it in less than a year, very well deserved. Hopefully they'll keep the series going strong, I absolutely love it, the true singleplayer Pokemon!

Einsam_Delphin said:
Oh nice Super Mystery Dungeon made it in less than a year, very well deserved. Hopefully they'll keep the series going strong, I absolutely love it, the true singleplayer Pokemon!

Considering that I'm sure they're relatively cheap to make and guaranteed million sales each time, I'd be shocked if they didn't.