By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - List of 8th gen, million selling Nintendo games 2.0. Tomodachi over 5 mil! Mario Maker over 3 mil! Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon added!

Yea pokemon x/y still undefeated!
Must have been Espurr hypnotizing people xD

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
Why not use the correct data that Nintendo gave the other week for games like MK8 and Smash? Least we know they are right

I thought about that, there's a few reasons I'm not using those numbers. The major reason is that they only give sales for the top 10 selling Wii U games and top 10 selling 3DS games. If they reported on all of them, I'd use them, but they don't. Second is that I don't know if those numbers are sell through to consumer or sell through to retailers. The fact that they only update the numbers every three months also doesn't help, as it means the thread would be out of date every time a million seller releases.

Edit: Also not helping in relation to that last point is that those numbers are only relevant as of the end of December.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Megaoverlord12 said:
Nogamez said:
Why not use the correct data that Nintendo gave the other week for games like MK8 and Smash? Least we know they are right

I thought about that, there's a few reasons I'm not using those numbers. The major reason is that they only give sales for the top 10 selling Wii U games and top 10 selling 3DS games. If they reported on all of them, I'd use them, but they don't. Second is that I don't know if those numbers are sell through to consumer or sell through to retailers. The fact that they only update the numbers every three months also doesn't help, as it means the thread would be out of date every time a million seller releases.

Edit: Also not helping in relation to that last point is that those numbers are only relevant as of the end of December.

ahhh ok sounds fair enough. 

Amazing as usual.

Shadow8 said:
Yea pokemon x/y still undefeated!
Must have been Espurr hypnotizing people xD

X/Y's likely going to be the best selling exclusive this entire generation.

Gamertag, PlayStation Network ID, and Nintendo Network ID: Look at username. Huzzah for originality.  3DS Friend Code: 4038-6546-0886

Currently own PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, and 3DS

Around the Network

I'm really happy to see Pikmin 3 there... it finally crossed the million mark. Well deserved, one of the best games this gen.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Nintendogs + cats is #17, higher than A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, KI: Uprising, and FE: Awakening... What??

Kudos to Splatoon, glad to see it up there with the big boys!

tsogud said:
Nintendogs + cats is #17, higher than A Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, KI: Uprising, and FE: Awakening... What??

If u think that is crazy go back and look at the original Nintendogs on DS, it did over 20 million and sold more than the mainline Pokemon titles.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

tsogud said:

Nintendogs being a launch title helped I'm sure. And as zorg mentions, it was massively popular during the DS gen. Cute ftw. Splatoon will likely go down as the most important game Nitnendo released during this entire console generation, though Awakening gets special kudos as well.

Megaoverlord12 said:
tsogud said:

Nintendogs being a launch title helped I'm sure. And as zorg mentions, it was massively popular during the DS gen. Cute ftw. Splatoon will likely go down as the most important game Nitnendo released during this entire console generation, though Awakening gets special kudos as well.

I actually think it's entirely possible that the fact that it was a launch title might have hindered sales...

Think back to buzz and advertising for the 3DS when it first launched...

The mainstream public (meaning casuals) was unaware of 3DS's existence...

It was therefor unaware of the existence of Nintendogs+cats...

I think it's entirely possible that had Nintendogs launched when there was greater public interest in the console, the game might have actually sold better...

Have a nice day...