By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Let's face it: The 3DS needs to die ASAP

3DS is awesome because it has awesome games, but also, I was very impressed the first time I saw Ocarina of Time 3D on movement on that little screen, and the 3D made a really impressive feel of depth, that was by far the best graphics I had ever seen on a portable device until that moment, granted I didnt had to wait too long until I saw something better, but I dont see how is so incredibly outdated, specially for a small 2 screen device with 3D capabilities on 2011. I still have the first 3DS model, the little one, and I think most games look really good on that screen, I have seen that on bigger models it doesnt look as sharp but is far from bad.

Also I want to remember:

A link Between Worlds, Luigis Mansion 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon X/Y, Monster Huner 3 & 4, Mario 3DLand, Smash Bros 3DS, Braverly Default, RE: revelations, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario Kart 7, Fantasy Life, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majoras Mask 3D, Proffessor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, Stella Glow, Zero Escape, Yokai Watch, Persona Q, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Hatsune Miku, Cave Story 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising etc etc etc

You know... games. Good games.

And a great indie support on top of that. 3DS is a worth while system and is not more outdated than the GB, the GBA or the DS were, and those were great machines. Because you know. Games.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Yes we should!!!! Soo it can stop slaying the PSVITA this gen!

But seriously, I think we should know that the 3DS fan base knows how far the graphics on the 3DS can do. Sooooo our expectations on the visuals shouldn't be as high as what the Vita gets.

And if anything that the 3DS hardware and software sales showed is that = Gameplay > Graphics.

why you have to put the Vita into it?

Goodnightmoon said:

3DS is awesome because it has awesome games, but also, I was very impressed the first time I saw Ocarina of Time 3D on movement on that little screen, and the 3D made a really impressive feel of deph, that was by far the best graphics I had ever seen on a portable device until that moment, granted I didnt had to way too long until I saw something better, but I dont see how is so incredibly outdated, specially for a small 2 screen device with 3D capabilities on 2011. I still have the first 3DS model, the little one, and I think most games look really good on that screen, I have seen that on bigger models it doesnt look as sharp but is far from bad.

Also I want to remember:

A link Between Worlds, Luigis Mansion 2, Fire Emblem Awakening, Pokemon X/Y, Monster Huner 3 & 4, Mario 3DLand, Smash Bros 3DS, Braverly Default, RE: revelations, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Mario Kart 7, Fantasy Life, Ocarina of Time 3D, Majoras Mask 3D, Proffessor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, Stella Glow, Zero Escape, Yokai Watch, Persona Q, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Hatsune Miku, Cave Story 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, etc etc etc

You know... games. Good games.

And a great indie support on top of that. 3DS is a worth while system and is not more outdated than the GB, the GBA or the DS, and those were great machines. Because you know. Games.

Dude that's exactly what I said and they just simply are not listening

Ruler said:
Jranation said:
Yes we should!!!! Soo it can stop slaying the PSVITA this gen!

But seriously, I think we should know that the 3DS fan base knows how far the graphics on the 3DS can do. Sooooo our expectations on the visuals shouldn't be as high as what the Vita gets.

And if anything that the 3DS hardware and software sales showed is that = Gameplay > Graphics.

Because Playstation Vita perfectly illustrates how insignificant complex visuals are to handheld consumers and video game developers.

The OP claims that the 3DS "needs to die ASAP" because of its limited hardware, while the Vita suggests otherwise.

I, for one, would not want this to happen..

I can still continue to buy games for hardware I already own, without having to buy a new one :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Does it matter? Name one smartphone game that REALLY looks better than Pokémon XY or plays better than many of the games?

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Ruler said:

Because Playstation Vita perfectly illustrates how insignificant complex visuals are to handheld consumers and video game developers.

The OP claims that the 3DS "needs to die ASAP" because of its limited hardware, while the Vita suggests otherwise.

Mobile suggests otherwise

Ruler said:

Mobile suggests otherwise

Ah yes, who can forget the stunning visuals present in best-selling smartphone games like Angry Birds and Candy Crush.

People who play games on portable devices generally don't care about graphics, and the 3DS's capabilities are more than enough to make all of the more popular genres work, as were the DS's. A more powerful handheld by Nintendo might please a few individuals like the OP, but the higher cost of the hardware would ultimately discourage far more potential buyers than it would attract.

I dunno. The 3DS has is and will continue to provide me with enjoyment. And that's got nothing to do with screen resolution.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I only just got my 3ds!!!

But yeah I don't mind when it dies there's plenty of great games on the system to keep me entertained for several years.