By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Azure Revolution - Demo 1.0 Gameplay + Thoughts

I actually like the changes. I'll definitely pick this up.

Around the Network

Wow. Just port the PSP games, thanks!

Oh my god that looks terrible

Ruler said:
collint0101 said:

It's pretty clear that you don't know much about the first 3 valkyria chronicles. I'm assuming you're looking forward to bloodstained, well how would you feel if you waited all this time for a new igarashi metroidvania but in the next few days some gameplay releases and it turns out to be a standard 2d platformer like mario. Just imagine if you waited all this time but the final game is something that can barely even be seen as part of the series you love

its not like they removed the gun entireley they just changed the formular

This isn't a change in the formula this is an entirely different genre. Seriously go look at gameplay for the original valkyria chronicles then give this video a 2nd watch 

I know I shouldnt wish for some games to crash and burn....

Around the Network

Yeah I also really like the changes. it's still a very unique game

Demo 1.0?

I'll wait to judge the finished product. In the mean time the developers IS collecting feedback and suggestions from the demo.

So don't freakin panic people. geez

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
JRPGfan said:

so want one JRPG less which actually looks more tactical than Kindom Hearts?

Ruler said:
JRPGfan said:

so want one JRPG less which actually looks more tactical than Kindom Hearts?

awww common... its not a turn based strategy game anymore.

Its a action game where you throw a granade and then button mash people to death with your swords. A action game.

Its just too different from what you expect from a Valkyria game.

It would be like the next 3D mario game (you expected to be a platformer), being made a first person shooter.

It would be weird as hell.

look at the comments in this thread.

Look at youtube comments:

"wow I haven't been this disappointed since the federation force reveal"

"I went in with some hopes but they're gone now. Holy shit this looks bad"

"I am a huge fan of Valkyria Chronicles, but this game is just not for me, It looks like a shallow husk of what VC is, The could've gone to this action system while still maintaining a strategy requirement, but This just looks like another Muso game I have no interest in"

" I agree, it's not what I expected out of a VC successor. Call me biased, but I have little love for Musou games."

"Apparently they are just using the VC brand to boost sale for this new IP."

"I was expecting a more action-based title than the previous games, but this just doesn't look good IMO. Strategy needs to play a much, much bigger part, and I'd personally prefer smaller numbers of more powerful enemies over swarms of cannon fodder."

"I'll still get it ... Though I'll miss the real gameplay this series is known for."

"and all the interesting tactical gameplay of VC gets thrown out the window"

"We waited years for a proper Valkyria Chronicles on console and all we get is a musou game ? wtf is this ?!"

"These Musou type games are fun, but it's easy to make them feel shallow or just button spamming."

"Wait what the fuck ... Noooooo ....this is like some terrible paralyzed-er tales of"

"This looks pretty bad. By taking out the turn-based mechanic you really change the game, in this case, for the worst."

"This game shouldn't be treated and compared to the Valkyrie series. It's a very different game."

"Wow that looks terrible"

"I can't believe they ditched the original gameplay. The first one was a masterpiece."

list goes on and on like that.

How can you think this is okay?

this is how you kill a series/games franchise.

massively different but looks good to me. i'm glad they are releasing the remaster though so i can have both.