By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyria Azure Revolution - Demo 1.0 Gameplay + Thoughts

Maybe the party gets bigger? I have a weak connection at work so I couldn't watch much of the video. Hope so, though. I like the original (my favorite PS3 game of all time) and even the psp sequel didn't play quite like it. Sega doesn't have to reinvent the wheel on this one.

Around the Network

Looks better than VC

graphics look pretty awesome, but this battle system seems really bad tbh :(

Ruler said:
i dont understand why people are dissapointed? It looks like the gameplay is better than in the first one with mixed gun and melee combat. Whats so bad about switching from range to melee all the time? If you want a shooter RPG get fallout 4.
It looks very cool.

It's pretty clear that you don't know much about the first 3 valkyria chronicles. I'm assuming you're looking forward to bloodstained, well how would you feel if you waited all this time for a new igarashi metroidvania but in the next few days some gameplay releases and it turns out to be a standard 2d platformer like mario. Just imagine if you waited all this time but the final game is something that can barely even be seen as part of the series you love

collint0101 said:
Ruler said:
i dont understand why people are dissapointed? It looks like the gameplay is better than in the first one with mixed gun and melee combat. Whats so bad about switching from range to melee all the time? If you want a shooter RPG get fallout 4.
It looks very cool.

It's pretty clear that you don't know much about the first 3 valkyria chronicles. I'm assuming you're looking forward to bloodstained, well how would you feel if you waited all this time for a new igarashi metroidvania but in the next few days some gameplay releases and it turns out to be a standard 2d platformer like mario. Just imagine if you waited all this time but the final game is something that can barely even be seen as part of the series you love

its not like they removed the gun entireley they just changed the formular

Around the Network

What they were thinking?! They will destroy the franchise. Look at Yakuza franchise, Sega and do the right thing.

This was NOT the game to go action... ; _ ; why? Why cant they keep good turn based games?
Also the waterpainting filter settings are too high, graphics looked washed out and dull because of it.

rccsetzer said:
What they were thinking?! They will destroy the franchise. Look at Yakuza franchise, Sega and do the right thing.

^ this.

twintail said:
StokedUp said:

I think you're missing the point, the whole issue is we DONT want a shooter like Fallout. The first was a strategy turn based RPG, this is now a real time action game with only 3 members in the squad. They've changed what made VC a unique gameplay experience.

Seems like something you should have complained aout when the game was announced.

How and to who? and would they listen?

No the only way to stop game devs from wrecking series is to not support them, when they pull stunts like this.

StokedUp said:

I think you're missing the point, the whole issue is we DONT want a shooter like Fallout. The first was a strategy turn based RPG, this is now a real time action game with only 3 members in the squad. They've changed what made VC a unique gameplay experience.

Sums it up nicely.

twintail said:
StokedUp said:

Seems like something you should have complained aout when the game was announced.

I never start judging a game until I've at least seen some gameplay.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Roronaa_chan said:
Looks better than VC