By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dreamcast 2 Team: Project Dream Is About Reinventing Sega, Already Has A "Really Good Hardware Guy"

Ok. I like the Dreamcast. A lot. It was a great console. I had 2 of them. But, from the article: "loaded with one of the most astonishingly good lineups ever on a single console." Hyperbole much? lol. You would swear it was hands down, the consensus best lineup a console ever had.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Day one purchase.

COKTOE said:
Ok. I like the Dreamcast. A lot. It was a great console. I had 2 of them. But, from the article: "loaded with one of the most astonishingly good lineups ever on a single console." Hyperbole much? lol. You would swear it was hands down, the consensus best lineup a console ever had.

When you consider it was only two years, it doesn't sound too far fetched. 

So is this simply going to be a retro console? Cause if so it better be darn cheap as a DC with several games goes for around 50€...

Yup...RO friggin rocked  

Dreamcast games confimed for the NX Virtual Console!

Around the Network

I'm confused. Are these guys (SEGA or otherwise) seriously considering making a Dreamcast 2? How on earth are you going to convince third parties to make games for the thing? Plus SEGA's first party output is seriously a skeleton of what it once was, with Total War and Football Manager being the only things they have outside of Sonic. All this does is paint a negative pictures any way you look at it.

JetSetter said:
I'm confused. Are these guys (SEGA or otherwise) seriously considering making a Dreamcast 2? How on earth are you going to convince third parties to make games for the thing? Plus SEGA's first party output is seriously a skeleton of what it once was, with Total War and Football Manager being the only things they have outside of Sonic. All this does is paint a negative pictures any way you look at it.

They Still have Yakuza, Persona, Bayonetta (is a Sega Franchise, developed by Platinum),  a new Crazy Tax,  would be nice, they have also the Phantasy Star Series,  Valkyria series, they maybe can get Shenmue 3, to the Next console, Sega, have a lot of Franchises and aways can make something new, atleast to manage became popular on Some Countries, already is enought to make Sega, stay on the Console Market.

Here on Brazil, we have a Hidden Market, everyone import things, so we don't have official sources, but with Sega, was different, the Master System, that still being made nowdays, here on Brazil, is one of the Best Selling console via Official Sources on Brazil, the Console sold more than 5 Millions of Units, more than on USA, and on Japan, if Sega, can manage to sell well on Japan, Take back the Brazilian Market, and do something well on USA, already will be Enought for a "Come Back", i think that 30+ Millions Life-time, already is enought to make it profitable.

I Don't know,  how much you think that would be enought to make they stay on the Console Market ?, i think that 30 Millions or More, already is enought, if they can have Third Party Support, and can sell well their first party games, the First Sonic, sold more than 15 Millions of units on their original console isn't ?, if they make a good Sonic game, without those bullshit from the PS2, like Shadow's Spin off with Guns, they will be sucessful.

And i think that they should focus more on Brazil, they can get a faster fan-base there, would be a nice Rival on the Japanese console Market, but of course would not take the American Console Market.

Sega can only return to hardware business if it partnered or bought out by a tech giant like Apple or Samsung. Kinda wish Apple bought them out though, with a company like that it'd probably end Sony's console reign. Apple console would still outsell if it cost $100 more. Apple's billions would make every Sega classic come back and ensure all the 3rd party deals from Activision etc.

Pippin sucked.

Turkish said:
Sega can only return to hardware business if it partnered or bought out by a tech giant like Apple or Samsung. Kinda wish Apple bought them out though, with a company like that it'd probably end Sony's console reign. Apple console would still outsell if it cost $100 more. Apple's billions would make every Sega classic come back and ensure all the 3rd party deals from Activision etc.

I agree with your point that for any Sega console to exist and make it in this market, they should be bought out by a tech gian. I don't agree with the Apple part, Apple would make it an overpriced turd console, like every product that they make. Samsung would be a way better option.