By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - New Hampshire Primary is Today!

Convincing wins for Trump and Sanders. Onto Nevada and South Carolina.

Feeling both sides will be long and drawn out.

Around the Network

these results are probably only gonna lead to carson and fiorina dropping out. It might be a while before the establishment can get behind 1 candidate.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I have a question about the Primaries. What happens to the delegates of the candidates that drop out? Do they go to another candidate, are they reassigned at the respective parties' national convention, or are they discarded?

Almost exactly what I thought it would be ...

Trump won by a landslide, Kasich is in a distant second surprised me while Cruz, Bush, and Rubio duke it out on third place ...

The rest of the republican candidates are irrelevant ...

Glad to see a Bernie Sanders victory over Hillary since he deserves a lot more credit in for honesty ...

I personally think this needs to be a race between Trump and Bernie so that the amount of BS will be kept to a minimum ...

Absolutely amazing how many will minimize Trump in the face of constant polling data. I want Trump to keep exceeding my expectations just for the reactions ...

It's perfect storm for Trump to rake in delegates from South Carolina as it is winner takes all. Both Rubio and Cruz will wane as the sore loss from their previous primary will hang around them despite the rest of the failures promoting them ...

sonicfan1373 said:
I have a question about the Primaries. What happens to the delegates of the candidates that drop out? Do they go to another candidate, are they reassigned at the respective parties' national convention, or are they discarded?

They'll often be free to vote on their own conscience and they don't have to accept their original candidates endorsements either ...

Around the Network

Looks like Sanders and Trump won.

fatslob-:O said:
sonicfan1373 said:

They'll often be free to vote on their own conscience and they don't have to accept their original candidates endorsements either ...

Thank you for answering :) I am Canadian so I do not have have a lot of knowledge about how candidates are chosen in the United States and I had been doing quite a few Google searches on that one question without getting a clear answer.

sonicfan1373 said:
fatslob-:O said:

Thank you for answering :) I am Canadian so I do not have have a lot of knowledge about how candidates are chosen in the United States and I had been doing quite a few Google searches on that one question without getting a clear answer.

That's because it varies state to state or even candidate to candidate (sometimes they aren't free to vote for somebody else unless the candidate allows it). Every state has slightly different rules regarding their election process as well as what the delegates are required to do.  

johnsobas said:
these results are probably only gonna lead to carson and fiorina dropping out. It might be a while before the establishment can get behind 1 candidate.

I think Christie is done too. He's out of money and is going back to NJ instead of to SC. I think the best bet for the establishment candidates right now is for him to drop out and endorse Kasich. He can't endorse Rubio and I have a feeling Bush is going to get squeezed out in the next 3-4 states. He just poured so much money into NH to do so mediocre.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Oh yeah, and I'm from NH, so I got to vote today :D

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.