By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever wanted a game to suck? Why?

I kinda wanted The Order to do bad but I'm not sure why.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I'm thinking back to when Bloodborne was first announced.  There was a picture of a spider or a scorpion or something.  People were like "Oooooh, shit! That one picture just won E3!!" Or something to that effect.  I kept thinking, "Just wait, d21lewis. The game will suck and you'll have your day."

Well, the game didn't suck. People loved it. It made a lot of money and even won a lot of awards.  Thinking back, I'm not even sure why I wanted it to fail. I wouldn't have gained anything and people would have missed out on something that they enjoyed.

So that's my story. Anybody else willing to admit that they wanted a game to suck?

Yes, i want every Konami game from now on to suck so hard, that it can create a singularity or black hole by itself...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

RolStoppable said:
MoHasanie said:
I kinda wanted The Order to do bad but I'm not sure why.

Probably because it was hyped by many to be a good game despite all signs to the contrary. Plus you are obviously a mean-spirited person who gets more enjoyment from seeing other people suffer than from playing the games that you like.

On topic: Yes. See above.

:O , but it was the first time I've ever wanted a game to review badly!! D: 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The xbox sequel to Banjo Kazooie, the moment I heard it was about car building.

And I was proven horribly right.

Games that promote bad practices in general.

IE: Most content locked by DLC, Online only content, or simply don't have content.

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:

Can't say that I have.

The only game I can think of that I would ever want to suck if it ever gets released would be a direct sequel to Shovel Knight.

Why though? Shovel Knight is a really good game.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Star Wars Battlefront 2015 because of all the crap news that came out about it and I was kinda right. Also I hope the new metroid is trash.

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Also the abomination known as "SMTXFE"

kooltrex said:

Why though? Shovel Knight is a really good game.

I personally didn't think it was that great, and honestly, I think it's a little overrated.

As a guy who loves games like Mega Man, it kinda disappointed me.

Believe me, you should see how I act when I saw people asking for Shovel Knight in Smash, I acted like a savage. xD

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Hmm, I've had games I didn't like, but I don't think I've wanted a game to fail... There may have been one, but I forgot what it was...

I think I may have wanted the Vita to fail at one point due to how poorly Sony treated the device, at least in my eyes.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread