By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Console Sales of First Party IPs released in 2015

RolStoppable said:
kitler53 said:

what's your point?

..because mine is that vgchartz software tracking is massively off as evidence by them reporting larger sell-in numbers for splatoon than nintendo shipped thus making the comparision as flawed as vgchartz tracking wild guesses algorithum.

The point is that sales in 2016 are included in the numbers posted in the OP. For Splatoon specifically, it means that VGC numbers didn't exceed Nintendo's shipments.

Granted, VGC is only a few thousand units below shipment numbers, so their numbers are definitely too high. But your evidence is not what you believed it to be, and it would have looked worse for you if VGC had already posted numbers for more weeks in 2016 than only the two that are there.

Around the Network

Uncharted NDC is way high. The number include's bundling, which is shouldn't.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

kitler53 said:
i'll take it that these are vgchartz numbers as that splatoon sold-in number is greater than the splatoon shipped number...

Yeah just seen that.  You should probably adjust to the most accurate numbers 

barneystinson69 said:

Uncharted NDC is way high. The number include's bundling, which

It's the same for Nintendo and Microsoft.  Splatoon and Mario maker sold many copies bundled and it's the same for the likes of gears of war,  tomb raider,  halo and forza.  Should they also not be counted?  

Ruler said:

Microsoft Xbox One 8.69 million, 7.68 without RoT

Rise of the Tomb Raider 1.01

Halo 5: Guardians 3.53

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition 2.03

Forza Motorsport 6  1.28

Rare Replay 0.66

State of Decay 0.17

ScreamRide 0.01

SONY PS4 10.27 million 

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection 3.66

Bloodborne 2.04

The Order: 1886 1.59

Until Dawn 1.41

MLB 15: The Show 0.84

God of War III 0.50

Tearaway Unfolded 0.19

Gravity Rush Remastered  0.04

Nintendo Wii U 11.32 million 

Splatoon 4.11

Super Mario Maker 2.77

Mario Party 10 1.41

Yoshi's Woolly World 1.16

Xenoblade Chronicles X 0.73

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse 0.47

Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival 0.32

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash 0.24

Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water 0.02

Devil's Third 0.04

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem 0.04

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars 0.01

Should we go with Nintendo's report for their numbers? 

Splatoon was 4.06 million, Mario Maker 3.34 million, Mario Party 10 - 1.65 million

If they showed more than their top 10 we could find out D:

Sony sales are sad, just 3.66 Uncharted and 2 million Bloodborne sold on 36 million install base.

Around the Network

Nintendo making a ton of money from software as always.

IgoRPGam3R said:
Sony sales are sad, just 3.66 Uncharted and 2 million Bloodborne sold on 36 million install base.

Sony has already stated they don't make money off of the most of the first party IP's they do it for the fans and to make their console have more exclusives. Sucks that everything doesn't sell well but it's one of the top reasons I went with Sony. The company is invested in gaming even if it cost them. Ms could learn something from this. I was so pissed last gen when I had my 360 and they pretty much just stopped releasing exlusives except for Gears. Mean while Sony got like 3 more exclusives while PS4 was already announced.

IgoRPGam3R said:

More like they are too high, considering it's a remaster+ a niche series lol. This year it won't even be a contest with gran turismo & U4

Splatoon numbers are amazing! Never would have expected them to be this high

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

leyendax69 said:
IgoRPGam3R said:

More like they are too high, considering it's a remaster+ a niche series lol. This year it won't even be a contest with gran turismo & U4

You sure? I know one nintendo game that might rival those 2 games in sales this year........