By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Final Fantasy XV’s Uncovered Event Page Hints At PC Release

FFXV might come to PC but this code is neither a hint, a confirmation nor a leak(like some other people think it is). It is just a normal copy and paste from web designers when they develop a website. The codes do not have any function after all. This is the site for the event and not the main FFXV site.

Around the Network

The more who get to play it the better.

leyendax69 said:
BasilZero said:

I would say 5-6 months at least.

Going by what happened with FFType-0 HD.

Probably, I don't see them going the Rockstar route and wait too much, Final Fantasy is a lot more frontloaded than gta, unless obviously they had a deal with Sony and Ms

Uh, how does this point to Sony and MS having a deal to prevent a PC version releasing simultaneously. That makes zero sense.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Chazore said:
think-man said:

"You guys"? you think I don't game on PC aswell? and whats Starbound? never heard of it.

Do you?, you don't sound like you do a lot, the previous times I've seen you post haven't really shown you're into PC as much. Your post on here is all about day 1 gaming but you don't talk of any day 1 PC gaming which was why I mentioend Starbound because that came out day 1 on PC back in Dec 2013 that also happened to be listed for PS4 back in 2014 but never came to be.

Starbound is basically like Terarria but in space with different races and planets.

Thats because I mainly play MOBA's on PC and no one talks about them much here.

think-man said:

Thats because I mainly play MOBA's on PC and no one talks about them much here.

You play a few games under one genre?. Kinda reminds me of me from years and years ago when I only played RTS games, though times have changed with me and the platform.

Well if you pop now and then into the PC subforum you might be able to get some Moba talk going on there, I play HotS but not as often (though recent hero additions are making me consider jumping back soon).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
zero129 said:
OneKartVita said:

Exactly.  It matters to hardcore fans of the series.  They will have to play it day one unless they're truly broke.  

@OP Yeah I've zero (pun intended)  doubt 15 will hit the pc. It's an absolute shoe in.  The big question for me and most is when it releases.  Same time?  6 months later?  12 months?  They're the questions we need answers to! 

I dont think it will hit the same day, but i do think it will release about 6-12 months after the console release that would be my bet.

I'd say so too.  They could easily release it the same day considering they develop these games on PC's to begin with.  

I'd say they hold it back because they want people to double dip.  It's probably the best way to maximise revenue. 

BraLoD said:

Starbound is still on Beta, that's probably why it still didn't released on PS4 or anywhere else.
Nice little game, by the way, would like to it to get an actual final build and release.

ARK is on X1 as well as PC, the fact it's in Beta shouldn't hold anyone off, then we have Division which has seen Beta access on both consoles and PC being played by a good chunk of people the moment Ubisoft released them. I remember seeing a listing where Starbound was supposed to show up on PS4 back in 2014 and since then there has been no talk of it despite the devs talking of updates and providing more content the past 2 years.

It's a good game for sure, especially with the last few updates as well, though I do miss the old system with the planets where you could die of starvation or boil/freeze tod eath (you still can but you need actual suit specs to survive a planet's atmosphere entirely).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/02/02/final-fantasy-xv-on-pc-hold-your-horses-you-wont-read-it-on-a-websites-source-code/

Final Fantasy XV on PC? Hold Your Horses; You Won’t Read it on a Website’s Source Code

Today it was reported on NeoGAF that source code in a Javascript file in the website of Final Fantasy XV’s March Event included mentions of PC and Steam.

Of course, since articles about a console exclusive game ending up on PC (or a game for any platform being ported to another, really) tend to be very popular, the “news” bounced on several websites in the span of a few hours, most of the times with no real thought on whether the mention in a Javascript file has any meaning or not.

The problem is that it doesn’t.

That kind of code is not meant to be the source of customer-facing information, so those who create websites simply don’t bother to rewrite it every single time. Why would they? Most of that code is the same for every site, so they either copy and paste entire blocks, or they simply use the same template file and change a few things in it. Which is why the same code can be found on the sites of other games by Square Enix.

Does it indicate or even hint to the possibility of the game coming to PC? Not really. It most probably indicates that some coder in some office somewhere copied and pasted the content of a file, or picked up a file from a template folder, made some amends to it, and then uploaded it without thinking twice about the parts that didn’t really apply to Final Fantasy XV. Recycling assets that are pretty much ready to use to optimize production times is a standard in web design, like in any industry (including the gaming industry).

Of course, you won’t read this in most of the articles that sold you the “hint to a PC version” as news, because it’s in their best interest for you to read and be hyped. Incidentally, the author of the post on NeoGAF did notice, and edited his post adding this detail (after finding out that the page of Rise of the Tomb Raider includes exactly the same code), but by then it was too late. Most of this kind of “news” posts tend to be “fire and forget” and most of the times the author doesn’t really go back to check the source to see if there’s new information.

The “smoking gun” (which wasn’t really a smoking gun) has also been removed from the Final Fantasy XV website’s code.

This doesn’t mean that Final Fantasy XV won’t ever come to PC. If I was a betting men, I’d put a solid sum on the fact that it will. Game Director Hajime Tabata told DualShockers back at Gamescom that a PC version might be considered after launch, and the game is being developed on PC (like most games), so the possibility isn’t exactly new.

But the problem isn’t whether Final Fantasy XV has a possibility to be released on PC or not. It surely does. The problem is that source code in a partly recycled Javascript file isn’t in any shape or form an indication that it will happen.

For now, the real hint to a possible PC version down the line is what Tabata-san told us months ago:

“We’re actually aiming for the final version for the moment, and we’re in a process of adusting and fine tuning to get it to work on the sort of setup that you get at home with a TV and a console in the living room. That requires a very specific kind of technical work.”

“We’re obviously making technical demos, and showing pieces like the Witch trailer, which is very important for the company, but in regards to XV, people have waited for a very very long time now, so we really are feeling that it’s very important to get that out as soon as we can. But yeah, once we got the console version out, then we do want to think about our next step, what we’ll do after that, so yeah, we’re looking into that too.”

“I’m looking at Steam at the moment, it’s a very interesting way. I think that with Steam you’ve got a great opportunity to reach out to a lot of different people, and a very different audience than the console audience. Obviously you have to localize it into different languages to do that properly, but it’s got great potential, and I’m looking at making an opportunity to utilize Steam at some point in the future.”

That’s pretty much all there’s to it. Could it come to PC? Sure. Square Enix likes money like everyone else, and there certainly is money to grab with a PC version of Final Fantasy XV.

Would I absolutely love to play it on my gaming PC, with all the bells and whistles that consoles can’t run? Oh my God, yes.

But is code in a Javascript file a hint that Square Enix has it in the works? No. It isn’t.

I'm certain that it will come to PC at some point. XV has the potential to expand the fanbase so this is good. Win win situation.

i think it will come to PC but 1-2 years or so later so people double dip on this game and it wont be effected by Piracy. I think this should be norm again which is good for a games success and budget