By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NIS president talks Disgaea 5; Yomawari sales; new IP development

I'm allowed to just copy the post here because I made the thread on GAF and don't have anything to add, right? ;)

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201602/01097439.html

(In all cases I believe sales = shipped)

- Sales of Disgaea 5 = 60k in Japan; 112k Rest of the World. Notes that they expanded to release in Asia this time. Sales in Japan were "tough" but sales in NA/EU/AS made up for it.

- Sales of Yomawari = 48k in Japan. Sold more than double what they were expecting.

- Sales of Criminal Girls 2 = 29k in Japan. No mention of whether this met expectations.

- Talks about how Witch & Hundred Knight Remaster was created not just for domestic market, but also overseas where PS4 is taking off. Mentions it's difficult to ignore Vita for the domestic market and he sees NIS developing for those two platforms going forward.

- Article mentions again the focus on new IP's this year - 70% of NIS's titles are going to be new IP's (already revealed: Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain; Rose and the Castle of Twilight)

Around the Network

Yomawari seemed to have performed really well. Good to see these games doing good.

Poor Disgaea 5, it deserved more from what I can tell. Let's hope for the best!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Poor disgaea 😢

BraLoD said:
112k WW is without or with Japan 60k? Because if so they didn't got the 150k they said they needed.

*edited post:

I really hope its 60k in japan and 112k world wide (ontop of the 60k japanese sales = total of 172k).

Game needs more sales than this.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
112k WW is without or with Japan 60k? Because if so they didn't got the 150k they said they needed.

But he said western sales made up for bad Japanese sales. So maybe it's not that bad dood? :c

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I don't understand why Disgaea 5 was such a hard sell, other then the fact that it released the same week as Bloodborne in Japan.

JRPGfan said:

*edited post:

I really hope its 60k in japan and 112k world wide (ontop of the 60k japanese sales = total of 172k).

Out of interest, can you translate the original article?

All I was going off was google translate, which says 60k in Japan, 112k total.  Not 112k outside of Japan.

I got my D5 digital but had no time to touch it still. Trying to finish D4 on the vita before beginning the new one.

I'm on the last last last chapter though... dood!! :D

Kresnik said:
JRPGfan said:

*edited post:

Out of interest, can you translate the original article?

All I was going off was google translate, which says 60k in Japan, 112k total.  Not 112k outside of Japan.

cant read it well enough to gain anything from it.

And google translate is like:

2015 of Nippon Ichi Software How was?

"According to the company announcement, latest work was released flagship series in March " Disgaea 5 " is about 60000 present in the country,is about 112 000 present in the country total was shipped."

I think this means they shipped 112,000 units in japan (to shops), and sold about 60,000 of them (in march).

(ei. this isnt about total sales, its about physical copies sold in March, and nothing to do with worldwide sales)

Do we have any VGC that can read japanese? Help us? please.