By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Food Thread!: Post And Share Your Recipes Here!

As a mod I'm probably most known for taking dupe threads/threads give up on and transforming them into recipes for the site to enjoy. But it's gotten me thinking: Why don't I just make a thread where people post their own recipes to share to people on the site? People could give out recipes, try recipes, post pictures of things they've made or recipes they've tried from others, give out tips, etc. It's a very community building thread -or at least I'm hoping it will be. Don't have a recipe of your own/use a recipe from a website/cookbook? No worries! Just post the recipe here (just remember to give credit where it's due and give out sources!). 

NOTE: More stuff will be added as time goes on, but this thread is in relatively early development.

Stuff to look forward to in the future:

-Cooking competitions (if we get enough participation)

An example of how to post a recipe: (you can post the recipe however you want, but this is a simple guideline for newcomers)

Sugar Cookies; Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes, Ready In: 25 Minutes

Ingredients: 

-2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

-1 teaspoon baking soda 

-1/2 teaspoon salt

-1 1/4 cups margarine

-2 cups white sugar

-2 eggs

-2 teaspoons vanilla extract

-1/4 cup white sugar for decoration

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.

3.Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/22850/chewy-sugar-cookies/

How they should look after: 

Around the Network

Looks like Cone's teases of your recipes are finally coming to fruition! :p

Tagging

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Looks like Cone's teases of your recipes are finally coming to fruition! :p

Tagging

I'm just here to look at delicious food and wish I could make them. T^T

Tagging, I love cooking (I'm not that good at it tho)

Around the Network
Mike321 said:
Tagging, I love cooking (I'm not that good at it tho)

You don't need to be good XD but if you have any recipes feel free to post them here or just lurk around for other peoples recipes XD

I'm waaaaaaay into cooking, dude. I'll need to write some of the good stuff down.

Arlo said:
I'm waaaaaaay into cooking, dude. I'll need to write some of the good stuff down.

What're some of the recipes you might be able to contribute?

How to cook a fried egg:

1 egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper

1) Heat olive oil in a small, non-stick pan over medium heat.
2) Crack the egg directly into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
3) Continue cooking the egg over medium heat for about three minutes, or until the white is set and slightly crispy around the edges, but the yolk is still quite runny

Thats as far as my cooking skills go :P

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

How to cook a fried egg:

1 egg
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper

1) Heat olive oil in a small, non-stick pan over medium heat.
2) Crack the egg directly into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
3) Continue cooking the egg over medium heat for about three minutes, or until the white is set and slightly crispy around the edges, but the yolk is still quite runny

Thats as far as my cooking skills go :P

Cap'n, you have no recipes that are perverted or sexual in some way? I'm disappointed!