By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is trump racist?

Yes. 140 59.07%

No. 84 35.44%

Other 13 5.49%

Total:237

I do not believe Trump is a racist. I believe that, as with many other politicians, he is more of an opportunists. The reason I say this is because he is not consistent on many issues. He has flip-flopped on many issues thus far in his political career so that he could find a group of people to appeal to. I actually believe he is similar in many ways to Hillary Clinton. Now the base that these two are appealing is key differentiator.

I would say that a significant part of Trump's base (though of course not everyone) includes people who are more racist in their views. Some of them, like the American Nazi Party, are overtly racist; some of them are angry about the state of the post-2009 financial crisis/post-manufacturing economy (some of these people channel their anger towards illegal immigrants, sometimes legal immigrants, China, etc); and there is a group of people who are currently afraid due to the terrible things that are happening right now in the Middle East as well as the unfortunate terror threat and the migrant/refugee crisis in Europe. I should also mention that the three broad categories I have created are not mutually exclusive. I would also like to mention that not everyone who is in the Trump camp holds racist views.

I have heard many people say that Trump is simply telling the truth, and while I do believe he has raised some important issues (although none that were not previously raised , I am speaking of the issues of illegal-immigration, security and the economy which I would argue never really left the limelight). However, I do not believe that what he is saying is the whole truth or anything close to it. As with many politicians, he is simply saying things that his base wants to hear. In a hyper-polarized political environment getting close to the truth, which is often much more complex than many politicians would like us to believe, is quite difficult.

Personally speaking I cannot support the current positions of people like Donald Trump (though I am a Canadian so I cannot vote in the US elections anyways). I do not believe uprooting 11 million+ illegal immigrants and deporting them is morally right or economically practical and I believe that these people should be given a path to citizenship; though at the same time I believe that securing the border and holding those who employ illegal immigrants accountable is quite important. Similarly, speaking as a gay Middle Eastern-born Christian convert who is a Canadian citizen, I have met people and have people in my extended family from all walks of life (including of various backgrounds, faiths, cultures, all with different stories to tell) and so I heavily disagree with the generalizations made by certain folks who support people like Trump; one common generalization is that Middle Easterners are incapable of integrating into Western society, and that is simply not the whole truth because people like myself and my immediate family along with many others have integrated successfully (we work, we speak the commonly spoken language, we believe in Western ideals [such as secularism of the state itself and the promotion of equality, which is one reason why many of us came to Western countries], we do not isolate ourselves and interact with others from all walks of life, etc). At the same time it is also true that certain individuals do not desire to integrate and that can be problematic to them and society as a whole and so I believe that proper immigration legislation should not target people based on what region they come from but rather the individual's willingness and effort to integrate. Moreover, I also heavily disagree with some of the race-baiting he has done in regards to black people, which has up to now been less overt and come more in the form of bogus statistics (many of which have been debunked).

Around the Network

Trump isn't racist, he's just a sociopath doing what he has to to try an attain power. There's a reason he became a billionaire in the first place and it wasn't by being an honest person. He's pandering whatever lies he needs to in order to convince the lowest common denominator that he's the right guy for the job. I'm 100% certain he doesn't believe 90% of the shit he's saying.

Hey, Bernie wants to spend 10 billion on education, Trump wants to spend 30 billion to build a wall on the Mexican border. Hmmm... It's not a harsh policy, it's a sad xenophobic one. Plus closing down mosques and halting the immigration of Muslim people? Come on. It's beyond silly.

He's a racist, a xenophobe and a liar.
Anyone suggesting otherwise really has a problem.

He's not a racist. The Illegal immigrant (aka FREELOADERS) and terrorist situation is out of control and it's high time thins are brought to a head. If these immigrants were from white countries like Ukraine, France, or Canada it would still be a problem and Trump would call them out just the same. But don't anyone dare say anything about non-whites being a problem or you'll be called a racist!

Around the Network
revinit said:
He's not a racist. The Illegal immigrant (aka FREELOADERS) and terrorist situation is out of control and it's high time things are brought to a head. If these immigrants were from white countries like Ukraine, France, or Canada it would still be a problem and Trump would call them out just the same. But don't anyone dare say anything about non-whites being a problem or you'll be called a racist!

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Yes (do too the fact you can be modded and or bannd for posting less than 2 words, add this warning as a reminder, and to meet the characters necessary to avoid mod action)

QFT (just in case responses have also been added to moddable offenses. Even though QFT is actually an abbreviated version of Quoted For Truth, which is 3 words)

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I mean it's all political talk at the end of the day...

CaptainExplosion said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Trump isn't racist, he's just a sociopath doing what he has to to try an attain power. There's a reason he became a billionaire in the first place and it wasn't by being an honest person. He's pandering whatever lies he needs to in order to convince the lowest common denominator that he's the right guy for the job. I'm 100% certain he doesn't believe 90% of the shit he's saying.

That's the other most likely explanation to his stupidity, but I still say he's racist.

Face it, he's America's modern day equivalent to Hitler; Angry white guy, loud, hateful, blames a specific minority for his country's woes, and extremely popular among the weak-minded and poor.

No, he's just an actor. It's an act. You dont become as wealthy as he did with a low IQ. He knows that he's doing. Doesn't make him any less evil imo though.

The real question, and the only one that actually matters, is if he is going to do things that are racist. Actions actually mean something. "Thought crimes"... no. Just no.