By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - CW's Supernatural |OT|

I thought about starting watching this, but then saw its +240 episodes, and still not over. I dont really like long running shows. Sweet spot is 60-90 episodes.

Around the Network

The last episode was pretty good and it's great to get back to the main story. It'll definitely be interesting to see if HE shows up and if he does, who he is exactly (considering all of the speculation). Also, it looks like the "long wait" for the next episode (April 27) is nothing but bleh, since it appears to be more "filler."

Yeah, although the big reveal was seen coming from a mile, it was still a great episode. Chuck and Metatron's interaction with each other was absolutely amazing and the definite highlight of the episode.

Yeah, that last episode left a bit to be desired, although I still liked the episode. Chuck has been underwhelming since his reveal as the big guy, and Amara seems to be quite OP, despite being brought to her knees after the onslaught she received from the witches/demons/angels. Honestly, I hope they don't do anything stupid like permanently kill off Chuck in the season finale, although it would make a set up for the next season (I don't see Amara going down yet), considering I don't know what else they can do with the series after The Darkness/God.

As long as they can create compelling storylines for the entire season, I'm always up for more Supernatural. There were some pretty great episodes this season, some harkening back to the great fifth season, although I feel the season ended on a bit of a letdown. I do question if Chuck or Amara will come back in future episodes.

Around the Network

I feel like the series should have ended with the fifth season. After that it felt mostly like fan-service and got pretty repetitive. A lot of the mystery and intrigue ended there. I watched it all the way through the eighth season. Has the series gotten good again after that? (Note: I am not trying to rain on anybody's parade, just wanted to know if it is worth watching the seasons I missed, considering my sentiment about seasons six-eight.)

Ryuu96 said:
sc94597 said:
I feel like the series should have ended with the fifth season. After that it felt mostly like fan-service and got pretty repetitive. A lot of the mystery and intrigue ended there. I watched it all the way through the eighth season. Has the series gotten good again after that? (Note: I am not trying to rain on anybody's parade, just wanted to know if it is worth watching the seasons I missed, considering my sentiment about seasons six-eight.)

Rush through Season 9 and 10, get to 11 to try get into one last time, a lot of opinions I've read on Season 11 seem to place it just below Season 5 and I agree with that, it had some really great episodes (main and filler) and one of the best in the series.

Ending of Season 11 seems mixed and the new Showrunner acknowledged it but I personally enjoyed it.

Okay thanks for the advice. I'll try. :)

Season 12 starts tonight lads!

Ryuu96 said:
WoodenPints said:
Season 12 starts tonight lads!

Where'd you come from? Didn't know you watched

I loved S11 but I don't know what to expect from S12 so I'm cautiously optimistic, hopefully it's another good season.

Need to update the OP with Season 12 cast images.

I got an email reminder that it starts back tonight and saw the thread in your sig :)

Yea I've watched it for quite some time i originally bought season 1+2 on DVD and power watched them and been watching  ever since :)

I cannot stand the CW shows anymore - way too much drama. They're basically soap operas with fantasy elements.