By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX game price if the library is unified?

RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

What are you talking about? Uncharted: Golden Abyss came with a free copy of Uncharted 3. Killzone: Shadowfall came with a free copy of Killzone: Mercenary. LittleBigPlanet 3 came with a free copy of LittleBigPlanet Vita. The list goes on.

You are intellectually dishonest.

1. Nintendo charged for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS separately.
2. Sony gave people a free download code for the other system when purchasing either version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

You see, it's not quite the same. Yes, in the end both companies are guilty of charging gamers one time too many, but your argument is still intellectually dishonest.

To be clear, you only got the free download code when you purchased the more expensive PS3 version. The vita version of all-stars never came with a PS3 download code.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

PS All-Stars on Vita/PS3 were the same game just ported to one another, Smash on 3DS/Wii U are completely separate games built from the ground up for each platform. Not the same thing.

So your argument is that only Sony charged one time too many?

Okay, fine.

When did I ever say Sony charged anybody one time too many?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Even if its unified I still want them to have more a tiered pricing structure depending on what type of game it is. That way it will give players, publishers and developers more choices. (The game market has depended too long on the one size fits all price.)

zorg1000 said:
Thunderbird77 said:

Be prepared for a huge, monumental dissapointment.

Cuz I'm going to be so upset if it's something different?

It will be far different than what you expect, doesn't it mean you will be disspointed?

Thunderbird77 said:
zorg1000 said:

Cuz I'm going to be so upset if it's something different?

It will be far different than what you expect, doesn't it mean you will be disspointed?

You are assuming that what I expect and what I want are the same thing.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
BlkPaladin said:
Even if its unified I still want them to have more a tiered pricing structure depending on what type of game it is. That way it will give players, publishers and developers more choices. (The game market has depended too long on the one size fits all price.)

I think that's reasonable and we have already seen Nintendo do that on 3DS/Wii U.

eShop titles typically range from free-to-start up to to $19.99

3DS retail titles typically range from $29.99 to $39.99

Wii U retail titles typically range from $39.99 to $59.99

Darwinianevolution said:
Lawlight said:
Well, Nintendo charged for the WiiU and 3DS version of SSB4 separately.

I don't think Smash 4U/3DS is a good example for this. Each game is different enough (in terms of programming, features and their inner workings) to be considered different games in a lot of respects.

I don't know. They look pretty similar to me. Just different models for the 3DS one.

Lawlight said:
Darwinianevolution said:

I don't think Smash 4U/3DS is a good example for this. Each game is different enough (in terms of programming, features and their inner workings) to be considered different games in a lot of respects.

I don't know. They look pretty similar to me. Just different models for the 3DS one.

They were made different from the ground up, it's just the end result was very similar. Still, whether people see them as different games or the same, it's going to be a matter of opinion.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

"Yesterday, non-volatile memory vendor Macronix (2337) announced that net loss per share of 0.25 yuan in the first quarter. Wu Miin, chairman of Macronix, stated that "the worst situation has passed". He expects that the company can potentially get rid of loss in the third quarter as the orders of an important customer, Nintendo, will have critical impact. The company targets a profit-loss balance annually.

In the past, Macronix sales performance usually peaked at third quarter, while declined at the fourth quarter. However, Wu Miin pointed out that because Nintendo has announced that the new platform will be launched in March next year, orders should be placed in advance. Therefore, the operating revenue of Macronix in the fourth quarter may be as good as the third quarter."

Looks more likely to be a unified library and cartridges will help with that. Still find it interesting as to what they will actually retail at. We could see a $59.99 for the physical cartridge or $39.99 as a digital copy to still offer both groups the option they prefer and handhelds are still getting a game at the currently 3DS price range with an option of a higher priced physical copy since it has re-sell value unlike digital.