By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Religion is the devil's work

padib said:
mjk45 said:

I know what eugenics is , it's been around longer than christianity and if you look at it's history it has never been about atheism.

The way you post is why wars exist. It's why people kill each other.

You didn't take the time to understand my post at all, you made me upset because you didn't try to understand why my comment was related to your post. You assumed.

Assuming is bad, and imho is what leads to wars. I assume that such a party did such an action because I don't give them the benefit of the doubt. Thus I retaliate.

Let me show you how wars have nothing to do with religion, but how religion is but one of many tools used by the human heart to lead to suffering.

In the world, people have needs. Needs to be loved, surrounded, understood, appreciated, in control, virtuous. These human needs exist, whether religion exists or not.

The example of eugenics was not meant, in any way, to say that atheism is to blame for wars. And that's part of the problem, you thought I said that when I didn't. You didn't think forward. That's the problem, that's what leads to problems between people. You wedged a wall between you and me, you said "he's wrong", thus you completely misunderstood my comment.

My comment was to show that some things can be at the root of suffering without them stemming from religion, and eugenics was an example of that. That you took my comment to mean that atheism leads to suffering just blows my mind.

So from a three word comment I'm supposed to gleen your real intent I'm not a mind reader.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
padib said:
mjk45 said:

So from a three word comment I'm supposed to gleen your real intent I'm not a mind reader.

Just ask

better yet , explain yourself the first time .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Ganoncrotch said:
*slowly claps* very well put together read.

Religion holding back science for everyone born and living now really is shit, it basically means that we are around 100 years behind in terms of technology because of this and we will mostly be dying off before things like space flight or planetary annihilation are made possible by science. Either way it will be a big bang that we miss out on!

Although at the same time, our generation has gotten a first thanks to where we are at in technology's evolution, it is likely that you have seen more naked women's bodies, than every single one of your ancestors ..... combined, thanks to the Internets! Woooo what a time to be alive, take that great great great great great great great great grandpa who thought he was the bee's knees seeing 2 different girls hairy black and white bushes!

Yea didn't we stop stem cell research because of religion pretty much? All the stuff they are discovering with stem cells is pretty much life changing. Our world wont even be same in another 50 years because of stem cells.

method114 said:
Ganoncrotch said:
*slowly claps* very well put together read.

Religion holding back science for everyone born and living now really is shit, it basically means that we are around 100 years behind in terms of technology because of this and we will mostly be dying off before things like space flight or planetary annihilation are made possible by science. Either way it will be a big bang that we miss out on!

Although at the same time, our generation has gotten a first thanks to where we are at in technology's evolution, it is likely that you have seen more naked women's bodies, than every single one of your ancestors ..... combined, thanks to the Internets! Woooo what a time to be alive, take that great great great great great great great great grandpa who thought he was the bee's knees seeing 2 different girls hairy black and white bushes!

Yea didn't we stop stem cell research because of religion pretty much? All the stuff they are discovering with stem cells is pretty much life changing. Our world wont even be same in another 50 years because of stem cells.

As a 32 year old type 1  diabetic who will be dead before that happens, them dark ages hurt that bit more.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

padib said:

To avoid it, one must try to understand what the other person is saying instead of jumping to conclusions.

Given the context of his statement, your initial post seems contrived. The incredulity that followed does not seem genuine.

His reaction was at best, a misread due to context and lack of detailing, and at worst, an assumed misread with a civil response. Hardly demonstrable of why people kill each other.

Around the Network

Christianity is dead, the most secularised state in the world is the UK, more and more people have no religion and within 10 years Islam will take over.