By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony FY2016 Q3 results out, 993$ million profit, 21.3$ Billion revenue, 8.4 Million PS4s shipped!

I'm happy to see Sony turning a profit now. Guess that'll curb the "sony going bankrupt" rumours.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Dark_Feanor said:
Teeqoz said:

Had it not been for the recent changes in foreign exchange rates, this fiscal year would actually have been the best fiscal year for Playstation ever, iirc, and that is before Q4 numbers.

So how is the balance Sony and others Japanese companies need for max profit?

Dolar is strong than ever agains Euro, Yen and others.

Strong dollar hurts Sony because they have a lot of dollar denominated costs.

But have favourable impact in other itens. From the sony reports I've seem in the past 3 years the strong dollar was good for Sony... maybe this quarter they had more costs on dollar.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

So, Sony, made over 1 Billion of profit in just 1 quarter ?.

DonFerrari said:
Teeqoz said:

But have favourable impact in other itens. From the sony reports I've seem in the past 3 years the strong dollar was good for Sony... maybe this quarter they had more costs on dollar.

At least this entire past fiscal year, strong dollar has hurt Sony.

Wow, PlayStation is on its way to generate more profits than Sony's financial services. That is insane!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
Wow, PlayStation is on its way to generate more profits than Sony's financial services. That is insane!

Only in the holiday quarter.

Teeqoz said:
OdinHades said:

Only in the holiday quarter.

Still impressive to me.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Swordmasterman said:
So, Sony, made over 1 Billion of profit in just 1 quarter ?.

almost 1B, but very impressive. Let's see how full year will play and 2016.

Teeqoz said:
DonFerrari said:
Teeqoz said:

At least this entire past fiscal year, strong dollar has hurt Sony.

I see but I remember the last 2 years summary putting that the strong dollar was beneficial.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

With more first party releases in 2016 + early 2017 I think this FY will be even better for PS

Yeah a game like uncharted 4 can bring in an additional $300m and possibly over $200m profit. The next fiscal year should be very good.