By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think we will get a PS4 Slim this year?

nope

Around the Network

Nah, PS4's momentum is just too good. Plus, 2016 will see some of the biggest games it will get, so maybe they'll do it in 2017 or 2018 to keep the momentum going and lower manufacturing costs.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
Nah, PS4's momentum is just too good. Plus, 2016 will see some of the biggest games it will get, so maybe they'll do it in 2017 or 2018 to keep the momentum going and lower manufacturing costs.

Personally i think that is why PS4 Slim could be released this year. Some of the biggest games will get released this year. FFXV, U4, GTSport, TLG, Horizon, New Call of Duty, Battlefield 5, Mass Effect etc. Why not release a new slimmer/cheaper version to sell more units? I don't know, this is just my opinion. It could go either way.

BTW the GIF you have on your signature... where is it from?

PowerXXX said:
LipeJJ said:

Personally i think that is why PS4 Slim could be released this year. Some of the biggest games will get released this year. FFXV, U4, GTSport, TLG, Horizon, New Call of Duty, Battlefield 5, Mass Effect etc. Why not release a new slimmer/cheaper version to sell more units? I don't know, this is just my opinion. It could go either way.

Well, it's more sony-esque to wait and strive for longevity than to maximize short term sales. That's why I believe it won't be released on this overloaded year.

Btw, my gif is from Scream Queens. I only use SC gifs here on VGC cause... they are pretty epic.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
PowerXXX said:

Btw, my gif is from Scream Queens. I only use SC gifs here on VGC cause... they are pretty epic.

Thanks! It looked really cool and i thought i should ask. I wasn't aware of the show. I just saw the trailer and i liked it. Definitely will watch the first episodes now.

Around the Network
twintail said:
WC4Life said:

What kind of logic is that? Sony don't need what, more sales? R&D costs are still there even if Sony was to postpone PS4-slim, wtf...Companies want to sell more and so does Sony, PS4-slim will allow lower retail price to fight the competition and that will generate more sales and more profit...very simple

Oh I forgot that PS4 sales had come to an absolute crawl and there is obvious danger of both X1 and WiiU beginning to outsel...

oh wait...

It will all make sense when PS4 sales do slow a little a little in 2017 and a slim is launched alongside GT7.

You are not making any sense. Why would Sony postpone the release of PS4-slim if it was ready to enter market? Let's say PS4-slim would be ready for holiday 2016.

Sony either launches slim to match OG-PS4 price and gets more profit per unit.

or

Sony launches slim with lower price and sells more units through the holiday.

In both cases Sony makes more money.

Now what is the benefit of not releasing PS4-slim if it was possible? What would be the benefit of waiting till 2017 and launch PS4-slim then?

Slim-console is only a way to manufacture a product cheaper and that is why it exists.

edit: Your logic still does not make any sense.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

Only if an XBO slim is announced.

Hiku said:
PS3 got a slim version probably a bit earlier than planned because of the situation they were in. 

Well, PS3 wasn't doing so bad when the Slim version was announced.

The PS4 is already very slim. I doubt it'd make much difference. But the XB1 badly needs one...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

The PS4 is already very slim. I doubt it'd make much difference. But the XB1 badly needs one...

So you are saying that Sony would made a slim PS4 only if it was fat or ugly?