By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will TPHD sell 1 million FW WW?

UPDATE 02/16 - VGC's TPHD preorders now exceed the Wii version's first week sales

I predict TPHD is on it's way to 1 million WW first full week at retail.

Right or wrong, VGC has pretty massive USA preorder numbers for TPHD. And even if we assume the preorders are pretty overtracked at this point yet, it's no secret that TPHD has been tracking really really well since first unveiled and in spite of a underwhelming reveal, very little gameplay footage, and other details.

The obvious reason: Zelda is one of Ninty's biggest franchises, and the WiiU install base is big enough to muster pretty large number of preorders for the right reason.

The slightly-less-obvious reason: Wolf link amiibo makes the package a tremendous value to Nintendo fans. Since Link is commonly the #1 best selling amiibo, that beckons a pretty bright future for TPHD for this specific bundle.

The that-should-be-obvious-but-isnt reason: Twilight Princess is already the best selling 3D Zelda, and for a long while was the primary Zelda game on Nintendo's best selling console. Naturally, it should have the biggest fanbase of any Zelda game because so many people played it before. TPHD has a signifcantly larger net to cast than WWHD did for returning fans.

The latest Nintendo Minute gave us our first real look at the HD gameplay - and I say it looks nice, better than I figured based on the first reveal. Not incredible, but very nice. And as Nintendo does more gameplay footage and continues to market the game - the more I think others get drawn in. 

1 million first full week - who's with me on this?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

Nope I dont think so.

What other games on the Wii U that got 1mil FW WW?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

No man, this is not the 3DS. I do think it will reach the milion very soon but not fw.

I know it sounds crazy, but I've been thinking about this for a while. I'll agree with you, let's be (somewhat) bold.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

It could if preorders are high in Europe and Japan too, tough it really depends on how much the Preorders are overtracked

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Nope I dont think so.

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros. (aligned) as far as I can tell.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Jranation said:
Nope I dont think so.

I think the only game was Mario Kart 8.

OP- No but i think it can do 500-600k fw.

Definitely depends majorly on Japan and Europe at this point. North America is going to have a huge amount of sales first week, I'm thinking 700-800K, perhaps more :o

If vgc preorders are at least marginally accurate, it will do close to that in US alone.

I think 800k first week is the high point for it ww.