By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - is the PS3 the best Gaming Device you can still buy right now? best bang for your buck

- It plays all PS3 games

- it plays all PS1 games

- it plays all PS3 games from all regions, its regionfree for both disc and digital based games

- it plays blue-rays

- Hardrive is replacable

- it has plenty of games and exclusives. A lot of PS3 games are getting released on PS4 as New remasters or crossgen titles

- it has free online

- it still gets some new games from Japan

all for 200 bucks or less, opnions?

Around the Network

I think so, yeah. If someone wanted a console based on games out right now, I'd say to get a PS3. The library is so big and so diverse.

Yeah. Don't forget those sweet PS2 remaster collections.

I am planning on buying a PS3 soon, though (assuming the NX doesn't come out this year.)

bet: lost

Yup. Ps3 is better than the Ps4.

Only if the person likes Playstation. If they were a Nintendo gamer, they wouldn't agree. A platform is only as valuable as the person's tastes dictate.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
Only if the person likes Playstation. If they were a Nintendo gamer, they wouldn't agree. A platform is only as valuable as the person's tastes dictate.

I'm sure there are many Nintendo gamers who would say otherwise :-/.

yes, agreed.
ps3 has 80% of ps4 library. half price and no mandatory online charge.

If it was about past merits then maybe but most of us care more about recent and potential merits ...

YES I bought one last week from craigslist for 60$. I am blown away fantastic machine that puts all three next gen consoles to shame. DEFINETLY GET ONE!!

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Plus over 55 PS2 games remastered to 1080p (for most cases) and a stable 30FPS or more which makes them timeless. I love the PS3 for that. All these collections were so fun to play.