By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PSVR is NOT its own gaming device or a 2nd system!!!.

RolStoppable said:
OneKartVita said:
PSVR if priced right will be my VR & second gaming console this gen making me a multi console owner.

If you don't like that, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion.
OneKartVita said:
Zekkyou said:

I can see your point, but unless OneKartVita isn't aware it requires a PS4, i don't see why we'd assume he's isn't talking in the same context as Sony ('How i shall treat it' > 'What it literally is').

Yes sir,  I'm aware it requires a PS4. It's actually great having two consoles connected like that.  Keeping everything in the one eco system for me. 

The above is the root cause for this thread. If you think that zero129 is wrong for asserting that PSVR is not its own gaming device (or even more precisely, a console), then come forward and say so.

But seriously, the only correct answer is that zero129 is right and OneKartVita is wrong. I mean, would anyone try to suggest that VGC should add a fourth bar for eighth generation home console sales on its frontpage? This thread is absolute madness to me.

Zekkyou, it's time to put an end to this. I don't think that I will be able to convince everyone, but they will definitely listen to you.

Saying PSVR is not a second console is like saying the new 3DS isn't a different console to the regular 3DS.  

Now I concede it does an awful job at differentiating itself from the original due to its tiny exclusive library but that's not an issue with the PSVR console.  

Yes it needs the ps4 to run but my ps4 needs electricity and my TV for me to use it.  Does that mean the ps4 isn't a console and my TV and electricity are?  No of course not.  

As I said PSVR will be my second console this gen.  Want to call it a separate console or a companion console? I don't mind I'll let you decide :) 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
OneKartVita said:

Saying PSVR is not a second console is like saying the new 3DS isn't a different console to the regular 3DS.

New 3DS isn't a different console to the regular 3DS. That's why they are counted together in all respects.

For the record, the DSi is not a different console to the regular DS. The Xbox 360 Elite is not a different console to the regular Xbox 360. The PS3 slim is not a different console to the regular PS3. So on and so forth.

It is a different console because it can play games (well 1 game I think)  that the other console can't.  

Just like the PSVR although that will have many exclusives to it or exclusive to VR consoles. 

Never saw anyone here claiming PSVR is a standalone product. The most I saw was people wanting to have it compatible with PC.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If it can't do anything without a PS4, it's a peripheral.
If it can do stuff without a PS4, it's not a peripheral.

Simple as that

RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I don't like the whole reason for this thread (as explained by you in a previous post) and I don't like the way you and zero talking to other users. I understand your reasons so no point trying to trample all over me trying to push your opinion. If the OP wasn't written in the way it was, you wouldn't get the reaction you did. The sole purpose of this thread is to antagonise people that have a different opinion.

The thread isn't designed to encourage a proper debate but rather more like "I'm right and you are wrong" thread.

The OP has a somewhat coherent tone to it, and that's already more than you can reasonably expect from zero129 on most days. Of course the thread will have a "I am right and you are wrong" vibe to it, because PSVR is indeed not its own gaming device. After all, it doesn't work without a PS4.

If people think otherwise, they are free to provide a proper rebuttal. And if they manage to do that, the OP will be cornered.

But given the circumstances, proving the OP wrong isn't possible. There's simply no way to call something its own gaming device when it doesn't work without connecting to another gaming device. People who thought differently have to accept the truth, not play victim because their opinion isn't respected as a valid perspective.

Here's a simple explanation: Suppose someone asks you about PSVR and if he's ready to play if he buys the device. You will answer no, because a PS4 is mandatory for PSVR to work. You see, there are no two ways about this.

PSVR is mandatory for PS4 to show PSVR games, so isn't PS4 it's own system? Touché?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
OneKartVita said:

It is a different console because it can play games (well 1 game I think)  that the other console can't.

Just like the PSVR although that will have many exclusives to it or exclusive to VR consoles.

Doesn't really matter that it has some exclusive games, it's still a 3DS. Same with the DSi. That had some exclusive games but it's still a DS.

From my point of view, you're wrong.

N3DS is different inside, with a quad core processors replacing the dual core of regular 3DS (2 more cores for gaming) and double FCRAM and VRAM capacity. If there is 1 game that can be played on one and not the other, it's due to technical difference, as you can't play PSVita game on a PSP, but with a lesser technical gap.

DS and DSi were different only by the use of the camera, as for example you can't play Eye of Judgment on a PS3 that don't has a PS Eye. It is not due to a technical restriction but a peripheral restriction.

On topic, Zekkyou has already said it all.

/thread

ArnoldRimmer said:
SWORDF1SH said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
I don't mean to just rant about this being a stupid discussion [...]

I don't know if you're aware but you just joined in on this 'stupid' discussion.

You're misinterpreting me. I really just tried to understand if there is any actual relevance to this question, because I couldn't see any. But since I realized that my previous posting might appear as me just ranting "Jeez, what a stupid and pointless discussion", I tried to explicitely point out that my posting really wasn't meant that way, that I'm really just wondering. Apparently, that didn't really work out.

Nope, there is no relevance on the thread, wellcome =]

Ka-pi96 said:
OneKartVita said:

Doesn't really matter that it has some exclusive games, it's still a 3DS. Same with the DSi. That had some exclusive games but it's still a DS.

N3DS and 3DS are different enough to be called different systems even if they share most of their games... PS2 is a different system than PS1 even if it can play all the games of the first and had games PS1 couldn't play.

zero129 said:
Sprash said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
Could somebody please explain to me why people are even seriously discussing this?

Who cares if "own gaming system" or whatever is an appropriate description for PSVR? Well, obviously many people here do - but I just cannot understand WHY? What difference does it make?
I don't mean to just rant about this being a stupid discussion, but somehow I'm just not getting it and (seriously!) hope someone can explain to me why there should/could be any relevance to this question?

My personal opinion by the way is that PSVR is in many ways similar to the Wii U gamepad: It's a piece of hardware that includes a screen and a few motion sensors and does not working standalone, but requires additional hardware in order to actually play games on it. And since the Wii U gamepad is a peripheral, so is PSVR in my opinion.

just another zero thread that exist because he is fed up with a simply other opinion of one or two user and he goes "Im rigt you are wron"

Can you explain to me how i am wrong?. Heres the difinition of add on from wiki "A Video game console add-on (a.k.a. sub-console) is an additional device attached to a video game console that can not function solely without the host console. It differs from a Peripheral in that it expands the base systems technical capabilities and gives new content, often in its own unique media form such as cartridges and CDs."

Does the PSVR not fit that discription??.

Yet you wanted to threat it as a peripheral and then say if it could be used on PC it would be a "own system"... so you are just changing your definitions?

Ka-pi96 said:
Lauster said:

From my point of view, you're wrong.

N3DS is different inside, with a quad core processors replacing the dual core of regular 3DS (2 more cores for gaming) and double FCRAM and VRAM capacity. If there is 1 game that can be played on one and not the other, it's due to technical difference, as you can't play PSVita game on a PSP, but with a lesser technical gap.

DS and DSi were different only by the use of the camera, as for example you can't play Eye of Judgment on a PS3 that don't has a PS Eye. It is not due to a technical restriction but a peripheral restriction.

On topic, Zekkyou has already said it all.

/thread

It's more powerful... and? Some PCs are more powerful than others, but they are still all PCs.

And @ the bolded, exactly. Like PSVR games needing a PSVR unit. They need that extra peripheral to work on your PS4

So we must count PSP and PS Vita together, and DS with 3DS too since power isn't relevant, right ? ~.^

But PC != Console, there isn't even a "generation" notion with PC. There is no special configuration behind a "PC".

Well that's another debate and a little off topic so I'll stop it there.