By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What languages do you speak?

pastro243 said:
LipeJJ said:
pastro243 said:

Spanish and English.

I can kinda understand Italian, Portuguese and French when they are written

É mesmo? Que pena, não posso usar xingamentos então. :P

I guess watching football has helped somewhat  

It always does. :P Hopefully you take lessons in the future and become fluent so I can mock you! 

jk/

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
Mr_No said:
LipeJJ said:

É mesmo? Que pena, não posso usar xingamentos então. :P

Ironicamente, son las maldiciones lo poco que puedo entender del portugués.

No me sorprende que sepas maldiciones en portugués.

Nos gusta enseñar cosas malas a otras personas. :P

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Danish, English and Danish sign language

Native Swedish, Polish (from my wife), German and French (from school) on a basic level. German I have used in my work but I would not say I am very good. I have always been sort of ashamed that I have not learnt more of Finnish (as it is the neighbouring country and there are a few Finnish people in Sweden). I use this site to practice my English and I notice that my English skills are not very good when I want to write in a nuanced and non-aggressive way.

Metallox said:
Spanish, Nahuatl and a bit of English.

Is Nahuatl very different in grammar and syntax than indo-European languages (for instance Spanish) as it originates from the New World?

LipeJJ said:
Teeqoz said:

Interesting. Since they are so similar, it's a nice pick either way! 

Guess now I'll just have to decide wether to start with Swedish or Norwegian. 

As a native Swedish speaker I would recommend you learn Norwegian. They had a spelling reform a hundred years ago so spelling and speaking is more in synch than Swedish that have a lot of old spellings.

LipeJJ said:
Teeqoz said:

Interesting. Since they are so similar, it's a nice pick either way! 

Guess now I'll just have to decide wether to start with Swedish or Norwegian. 

As a native Swedish speaker I would recommend you learn Norwegian. They had a spelling reform a hundred years ago so spelling and speaking is more in synch than Swedish that have a lot of old spellings.

Thanks for the advice, I'll seriously consider it. :)

Around the Network
drdante said:
English, Arabic, Japan and Malay

You're the first person on this thread to know arabic.

sheds a tear

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

MohammadBadir said:
Bilingual since age 4, Arabic and English. I learned Hebrew at age 10, and I'm currently trying to learn French (Which I'm admittedly slacking off on due to school and stuff).

Are you Palestinian? I don't know many people that learn arabic and Hebrew besides Israelites/Palestinians

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
MohammadBadir said:
Bilingual since age 4, Arabic and English. I learned Hebrew at age 10, and I'm currently trying to learn French (Which I'm admittedly slacking off on due to school and stuff).

Are you Palestinian? I don't know many people that learn arabic and Hebrew besides Israelites/Palestinians

Haha, bingo. Palestinian with Israeli citizenship.

MohammadBadir said:
hershel_layton said:

Haha, bingo. Palestinian with Israeli citizenship.

Ooh, nice. Cool to see someone else here with a Palestinian/Israeli citizenship.

I've been living in America for the majority of my life though. The hot climate bothers me too much.

English. I was taking German in high school but the program got canned to make another Spanish class.