By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the games are getting out of hand

I've been playing games since the Atari 2600 and I'm having a blast with gaming right now even though people keep telling me that I'm not.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Semmie said:

not sure if sarcastic or just serious

Completely serious.

While there is people focusing on the bad notes, there are also focusing on the good notes.
I don't support practices I find bad, and to me they are hardly a problem by doing so.

2016 is headed to be possible the best year ever in gaming, in my opinion, I'm very happy with it.

Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Nioh, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Ace Combate 7 (with VR), Gran Turismo Sport (with VR), Dark Souls III, Gravity Rush 2, Star Ocean 5, Digimon World: Next Order (And Cyber Sleuth to the West), Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, etc.

Games are awesome just like they always were. And coming in lots this year.

And that amazing line up is without mentioning Nintendo/MS exclusives like The Legend of Zelda, Quantum Break, Gears of War, Star Fox, possibly Pikmin 4 + NX launch titles, etc, etc. So yeah, 2016 is already setting up to be one of the best years ever!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Wasn't there a thread just like this floating around somewhere? To me, games of today are fun. I've always avoided the type of games and genres that I don't like. Nothing hasn't really changed.

Don't buy those shitty games, there is plenty other great games out there buddy

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I agree with OP, all those points mentoined are bad. Games should be complete and working when they release, there is no excuse. When people say that game development got more and more expensive, it's not the consumers fault, but developers should rather rethink their business models.

Around the Network
chapset said:
Don't buy those shitty games, there is plenty other great games out there buddy

yes i guess i have to follow that approach. the upcoming episodic treatment of games doesnt really bode well.

final fantasy 7 in parts
hitman in parts

I accept it in telltale games cause they get made during launching the first one. 

but honestly. if this is a standard ill go back to ps2 dreamcast ps one cause quiet honestly the games on those consoles are soooooooo good.

Well. I don't buy DLC and almost never bought game on release and never bought microtransaction so I have no fault on that. But gamers support this and so the market will do what gives them better profitability, no use in complaining. And you not liking one game or another doesn't make them garbage.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Johnw1104 said:

I honestly tried but the whining got to me before I could finish the post.

Honestly, I can think of no time that gamers have had it better than right now. You know everything about the game before you buy it, they have budgets and man hours on average that dwarf even the big titles of yesteryear, endless different schools of talent and art are brought together to produce complete experiences that really cannot be matched by any other medium with stunning visuals, beautiful musical compositions, complex control schemes, real effort often put into the narrative, quality voice acting... All this, and yet the prices are still somehow comparable to those of 20-30 years ago despite all the inflation that has taken place.

This gen certainly has its problems and frustrations as all the others did, but some perspective is really required here. I suppose the younger players who didn't experience the progression of the industry might not have the requisite memories to understand just how far we've come, but in that instance I'd encourage you to really step back and look at the bigger picture.

Really, it seems like people won't be happy until they're given four years worth of development content at release all for the price of what games cost twenty years ago, but they can't lay off the extra workers in between major projects (superfluous employees are generally those assigned the DLC that many love to hate), they must produce a cinematic experience on the scale of a Hollywood movie, include perfect controls, have near photo-realistic visuals, include a Hollywood-esque sweepingly epic musical score, be sure it is set in a compelling narrative, release these ever-increasingly complex games free of bugs but on time all the same, and prove affordable enough that they can buy 10-20 of these a year. Once done, continue to support the game via additional content but don't dare ask for any financial compensation, and lord knows the online service had better be free as well. We deserve free things, after all.

Forgive me for my generalizing but I'm just sick of the bitching... Some people just don't know how good we've got it, despite the frustrating stuff. That someone could actually say "this is a real tragedy" just blows my mind.

Actually in the early nineties there were a lot of games that costed more than 60 in that time money, with inflation it would probably be going closer to 200.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

BraLoD said:
Semmie said:

not sure if sarcastic or just serious

Completely serious.

While there is people focusing on the bad notes, there are also focusing on the good notes.
I don't support practices I find bad, and to me they are hardly a problem by doing so.

2016 is headed to be possible the best year ever in gaming, in my opinion, I'm very happy with it.

Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5, The Last Guardian, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Nioh, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Ace Combate 7 (with VR), Gran Turismo Sport (with VR), Dark Souls III, Gravity Rush 2, Star Ocean 5, Digimon World: Next Order (And Cyber Sleuth to the West), Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, etc.

Games are awesome just like they always were. And coming in lots this year.

So awesome and still has no PS4 to even support the good games :s

That's why I've stuck with Nintendo.

Amiibos can easily be avoided, their content is more of a goodie, and Nintendo's DLC is great(especially for Mario Kart and Smash Bros).

And I like how most Nintendo games are completed games when released.

I might consider PS5 or Xbone 2(if there is one) next generation if the companies get themselves together

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.