By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - All Splatoon content has finally released! Was it not a good idea to release it this way instead of delaying it?

kurasakiichimaru said:
Goodnightmoon said:
kurasakiichimaru said:

OP, Those kind of reasons also were said and used against some other games but I guess when it's Nintendo, it's okay. ;S

Those other games had the extra content released as pay dlcs. Splatoon didnt. Huge difference.

Battlefront didn't and Splatoon amiibos are sadly still considered a paywall so nope.

The scope and graphical output of Splatoon isn't that big compared to other games like Destiny and Battlefront so yes I find Nintendo fans calling Splatoon being the holy grail of how to make DLCs very pretentious and hypocritical when they could've delayed the game and finish it without locking content.

It doesn't matter if it is free. It's just hypocritical to use delays and dlcs in favor of Nintendo games yet don't give the same excuse to other games when they are games with different visions and budget. Then we have gamers calling devs lazy and greedy as if they're in charge of game development. Really feel bad for those devs who get those criticisms while some just escape it because reasons.

The fact the game doesn't even have voice chat really hurts Splatoon too but it's okay and forgotten because it's Nintendo. Honestly if an MP game this year didn't come with that, fans are gonna flip.

Pff

Amiibos is the eternal excuse here, it doesnt matter if the content they add is compeltely lame is always good as an excuse, but is only that: an excuse. Amiibo lets you replay some levels of the single campaing with another weapon on levels that are not designed for that weapon and end up being way less enjoyable because of that... woooow. It couldnt be more lame than it is, yet people shit about it because is the perfect excuse to shit about it, we are talking about a 1% or less of the total content of the game, but "locked behind a paywll" sounds badly enough, pure demagogy.

The graphical scope does not matter shit when we are talking about content, if a 60$ game is released empty and the extra contnet cost me another 60$ then I dont give a shit how pretty the game is.

And you are forgetting something, the vast majority of the extra content was already ON DISC, wich means, they were not lazy or anything similar, this is game design. And worked perectly, the interest on the game ha been high for months and people has learned to play before releasing the more complex maps and modes.

And yes, the fact that si free is absolutely relevant, I paid 35$ for the game and I have been getting a ton of content for 6 months paying 0$, of course thats relevant, what are you talking about? For you Destiny and Splatoon deserve the same criticism even when Destiny makes you pay 2 or 3 times more for the entire game while Splatoon gives it to you for free? Oh but Destiny is a prettier game so its fair, lol. That logic.

Around the Network

I found it ok. Maybe start with a bit more content next time.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Teeqoz said:

It has no effect on how Splatoon was released, and I've never claimed that either. What I'm saying is that it's relevant what you think about this release method for other potential games. And it's relevant to this threads topic, so why clutter up the forums when we can discuss something that's perfectly related to this thread, in this thread.

This thread is not about what I think about this release method for other games, so nope.

Like I asked you in a previous post, would you answer the question if I replied to the rest of your post? You never answered that question though, so I wouldn't know, but since you seem to care about that part, here you go:

I don't care really, was just pointing out hypocrisy.

Yes, it's not the fault of the updates. It's an effect of them.

So it is but it isn't... lol whut? Every game ever has something inherently about it that'll make it unsuitable for some people, be it genre, rating, artstyle, platform, and anything really. It's the consumers responsibility to make sure what they buy suits them. You wont see people who only own a PS4/XB1 buying Splatoon for that reason.

Allow me to draw a comparison here (or would I be going off-topic and be talking about irrelevant stuff by mentioning anything else than Splatoon?): If a game needs a day-one patch to work, and a person gets that game, but the person doesn't have internet to download it, or he has a data cap, or slow download speeds, anything prohibiting hom from downloading the patch, it's not the game's fault, right? However it is an effect of another undesirable business practice. Similarly to this.

It was known well known before Splatoon released that it's heavily online focused and would be recieving frequent updates. If you bought the game despite knowing you have internet issues, that's your own fault. The game simply wasn't for you then, which is fine as no game is for everyone.

That technicality doesn't really matter much. None of us are that gullible to believe that one 4th of what we have now was actually the complete game, and that the rest was just free extra stuff they gave to us because they are nice. Splatoon wasn't a complete game at launch. It was a polished one though, and I commend that, but I don't buy the "technically Nintendo did advertize it as a complete game". Allow me to make another comparison (unless that to will be too irrelevant for you): Technically Activision advertized Destiny as a complete game at launch. And before you go out of hand and say "Well you had to pay for Destiny's DLC", yes, you did, and that wasn't the point of my comparison. It's just that however the game company advertises the game doesn't really make the business practice better.

Taking the joke too far there buddy.

Yes, buying games has been the smarter thing to do in any case, but that doesn't change my stance on a undesirable business practice.

Nor does what you said change why it's fair in Splatoon's case. Again, the only real difference it makes is letting you get the game sooner if you want, the OP has already elaborated on the benefits of this. Getting the full game all at once was always still an option and infact is now the only option anyway, and everyone who bought it sooner now has everything with nothing stopping them from playing it.

Now will you answer my question?

Uh no, how many times do you need to be told why it can't be answered?

Responses in quote!

i will go with 50/50 I am Ok with keeping the fire alive releasing things in drops but launch could have been with 20% more content.

Switch!!!

yes but now all content is released i really wish they'd change the stage rotations cuz i really hate playing in some stages