By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX to use amiibos confirmed?

spemanig said:
Amiibo will be as close to physical media as NX will ever get. Unlike Wii U and 3DS, I'm sure they will be a core part of NX. While that sucks, you can't win every battle.

I win by not playing, which is what I would like to say if I didn't come dangerously close to folding and picking up Disney Infinity 3.0 this past weekend. The only thing that saved me was seeing the price of buying more and more of those stupid plastic figures.

Around the Network

It'd be crazy for Nintendo to just stop supporting amiibo for their next console.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

No shit. Why would they not integrate their biggest money earner at the moment.

Are you kidding? No way they invested that much into making amiibo the phenomenon it is only to let them fall into oblivion at the turn of their next generation console.

Not confirmed, but considering what a money maker they are, I'd be stunned if they don't.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I would be surprised if it wasn't compatible..

They still need to make a proper Amiibo Land game though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

spemanig said:
Amiibo will be as close to physical media as NX will ever get. Unlike Wii U and 3DS, I'm sure they will be a core part of NX. While that sucks, you can't win every battle.

It looks like it. I would think they will indeed sell amiibo's as physical tokens for digital games. That makes a lot of sense.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
spemanig said:

It looks like it. I would think they will indeed sell amiibo's as physical tokens for digital games. That makes a lot of sense.

no, that idea that nintendo's next system won't have physical media is a bunch of propaganda. nintendo isn't going to force that on everybody,  it's just nonsense

Amiibo - Nintendo land style game built in for free from launch can be a good app for NX!

Switch!!!

The NX will use amiibos. It would be insane not to. And I'm sure some of the leaked patents have a NFC reader included.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.