By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I get Super Smash Bros Brawl given...

Well, everyone seems to be singing the praises of Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I watchet the video review of it  from Game Trailers and in the review it was mentioned that playing on your own SSBB is average but online it nears perfection.

My problem...no broadband internet connection

Now I would just like to know from people who have played the game whether or not this should totally discourage me from getting this game.

You should also know that my friends are not into videogames so even offline multiplayer is unlikely.

Also, from the review it seems that classic Nintendo games within SSBB can be unlocked and played.  The review showed Star Fox 64.  Are these unlockable classics the full games or are they just small bits of the original games?  Also what are all the classics included?  Even if SSBB will be average offline I will get it just to play Star Fox 64 and the other classics since I never owned a N64.

Thanks for your input everyone. 

Around the Network

Buy a puppy instead of SSBB

They are small bits of the game not full version classics, I'm not sure how long because Brawls not out where I live.

Can someone please answer how much if the demo you get of the classics?

For I will be geting this game as well, for the 1 player, because I have no friends.

You will still love this game without multiplayer, on and off-line. I was in the same boat for SSB and SSBM. This game has plenty single player content to offer. Don't deprive yourself of it.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

The classics are like demo's. So you get a small taster, don't expect much more than 5 minutes or so and some of them have time limits as to how long you play. For all the info check out the Smash bros dojo.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

Get a broadband internet connection? These days, it can be cheaper than dial-up.

Broadband would also allow for downloading the full versions of the classic games.

I would say it is not worth playing offline (though I do not own Brawl, just SSBM (GC) and SSB (N64)), because the AI apparently hasn't improved since SSBM and the platforming is mediocre from the videos I have watched and reviews I have read.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

You dont need online it helps but it isn't necessary

well i guess it would be necessary if you dont have any friends to play it with

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

It's still an alright single player experience, but you'll definitely be missing out if you don't have at least one other person to play with. Like with any multiplayer game you won't have as much of a reason to come back to it if you don't have someone else to play with.

My recommendation:

Pick it up if you're a Nintendo fan (The Sub-Space Emissary and all around Nostalgia should be enough to warrant this choice).

Pass it up if you're not.

Edit: Oh, and the demos range from the shortest being about 40 seconds (for the original Donkey Kong) to 5 minutes (for the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time).

CIHYFS?

Surely your mates would get into it?

I guess if they don't even play wii sports multi-player, maybe not.

It might be worth skipping this, while you work on getting some new mates.

Lol, doubting to buy brawl because you think it ain't good enough in single-player?!... Funny guy, you are!

THE NETHERLANDS