By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Removes Infamous Drugging Scene From Western Localisation Of Fire Emblem Fates

Understandable but kind of strange in this day and age. I mean, when you think about how many violent games have released on Nintendo platforms over the years it's odd to think something so subtle would get the axe.

Around the Network

Eh... It's not really censorship. Far as I can see, noone is forcing Nintendo to change anything. They're just adjusting the game to a different market. I'd rather the final product be as close to the original vision as possible but meh.

We wouldn't have to worry if liberals would stop getting OFFENDED OVER EVERYTHING!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Of course they did is nintendo we are talking about

They should just leave the games as they are...

Around the Network

Nintendo of America is doing what it thinks is right. I have nothing against their decision. However, maybe they should utilize ESRB and make an E and Teen version of the game.

Is it just me or nintendo is getting worse about censoring game content?

Wright said:

Well, since we don't know what changes have been made to the dialogue or scene itself, I can't comment further. It's disappointing, though, that they don't leave things like these untouched in the game. I found the scene hilarious when I saw a translated version, and I don't think it had any real social ill intentions or anything like that.

I find stuff like that creepy. I totally get why they'd edit it. The idea that you can drug someone straight is creepy, no matter how comedic it's presented.

spemanig said:
Wright said:

Well, since we don't know what changes have been made to the dialogue or scene itself, I can't comment further. It's disappointing, though, that they don't leave things like these untouched in the game. I found the scene hilarious when I saw a translated version, and I don't think it had any real social ill intentions or anything like that.

I find stuff like that creepy. I totally get why they'd edit it. The idea that you can drug someone straight is creepy, no matter how comedic it's presented.

The homosexual conversion topic would definitely come up, as would comparisons to date rape...

PC or not, there really is a lot here to offend people, and I actually really don't blame Nintendo of America for making changes...

The fact that a drug makes somebody who was once off limits suddenly romantically accessible is going to turn heads, regardless of the gender identities of the characters involved...

Nintendo is a business, and this is a sound business decision if they want to avoid some really bad press...

Have a nice day...

spurgeonryan said:

In a statement to Nintendo World Report, Nintendo of America has confirmed that a scene in which the player character drugs a homosexual character to "cure" her has been changed.

I have read that this is not exactly what happens in the game. Said like that it looks as if Nintendo thinks being gay/lesbian is a disease and needs to be cured. I know japanese are in general not so open minded with these topics, but what I've read is that the character openly says she's attracted to both men and women but she feels uncomfortable around cute girls so she's drugged to let her learn to be ok with both.

Whatever it is, I think it's stupid and a little bit disrespectful, but it's not that bad as if it really was like that article says. It's not 1940 anymore (or 1950-60...) saying homosexuality is a disease is disgusting.

I would feel really angry if that was the case, and I would honestly stop buying Nintendo things. I stopped buying things from others knowing their hate against gay people. I don't buy things only from gay-friendly places, I buy what I like, but if someone openly tells me that gays are sick people, that's a big fuck you for them.