By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think there would be a second meltdown if Bayonetta 3 was announced NX exclusive?

Tagged games:

Would their be a Bayonetta 3 meltdown if exclusive to NX?

Yes 68 30.49%

No 129 57.85%

See Results 26 11.66%

Total:223

A lot of the meltdowns tbh were people who were never going to buy the game and never bought the original, some were just complaining because they just wanted to bash another platform, look at the meltdown that took place when 360 got FF XIII. The game was still coming to PS3 but people wanted blood because of the whole console war illusion, when they realized that FF can't be exclusive anymore it was a strike against their prides.

Same shit here only no publisher wanted to fund the game so Nintendo stepped in otherwise the franchise was officially dead, B3 being exclusive to the next platform won't draw the same reactions as like with FF people have finally accepted it as a plausible outcome.

Around the Network

I don't think it will cause a massive meltdown like the one 3 years ago, but i wouldn't be shocked if some people continue to port begging for a re-release on other consoles/PC, heck there is still people claiming that this was an anti consumer practice just to annoys real gamers from evil Nintendo.

I do think that Bayonetta 3 is/will be in the works for the new Nintendo system at some point.

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.

Depends on how good NieR Automata and Scalebound turn out to be.

If those games suck or only average, people will say Platinum has fallen off.

If those games are very good to classic, then you have bigger group complaining about Bayonetta not being availble to a large mass of people.

In either case, I am not hopeful for Bayonetta 3, mainly because I think the primary creator of the series isn't looking to do another sequel and wrote Bayonetta 2 in a way that looped into and out of the first game and his general track records with sequels.

I don't think it have the same impact as Bayo 2 did, but the fan base will likely be annoyed and angry about it still. o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

JustBeingReal said:
I think people who played the original on PS3 or 360 being annoyed at Bayonetta 2 not being a multiplat were pretty justified in feeling that way, especially when those platforms had the larger install base and those gamers had supported the original game.

The damage is kinda done now though, what would be more annoying to those people is if Bayonetta 3 was released as a multiplat for current gen, including NX, PS4 and XBox (maybe PC too), but Bayonetta 2 didn't get a mulitplat release, because people couldn't play all 3 games unless they owned a Wii U.

It makes sense for a multiplat to go exclusive, if the platform it's exclusive on is the most dominant system and it's where that game's audience is, but to just go exclusive to attempt to entice people onto a platform they had no interest in is just BS, it's an anti-consumer practice.

Where this logic falls apart is that sometimes a game needs to be exclusive to get funded at all.

Platinum have been pretty clear that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even have gotten made if not for Nintendo.

Around the Network

No, I think people expect it at this point.

I think there would be bigger meltdowns if it's exclusive to either PS4 or XBO.

curl-6 said:
JustBeingReal said:
I think people who played the original on PS3 or 360 being annoyed at Bayonetta 2 not being a multiplat were pretty justified in feeling that way, especially when those platforms had the larger install base and those gamers had supported the original game.

The damage is kinda done now though, what would be more annoying to those people is if Bayonetta 3 was released as a multiplat for current gen, including NX, PS4 and XBox (maybe PC too), but Bayonetta 2 didn't get a mulitplat release, because people couldn't play all 3 games unless they owned a Wii U.

It makes sense for a multiplat to go exclusive, if the platform it's exclusive on is the most dominant system and it's where that game's audience is, but to just go exclusive to attempt to entice people onto a platform they had no interest in is just BS, it's an anti-consumer practice.

Where this logic falls apart is that sometimes a game needs to be exclusive to get funded at all.

Platinum have been pretty clear that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't even have gotten made if not for Nintendo.

That doesn't apply to Bayonetta, not when it sold over 2 million copies across PS3 and 360. That kind of logic doesn't fall apart in this instance, it's still very logical from a business perspective. Mosty likely Bayonetta going to Wii U was the result of Platinum and Sega's relationship with Nintendo and the fact that Nintendo had more than just Bayonetta 2 for PG to develop and Sega to distribute.

We also have W101 and for Star Fox to be developed, maybe Project Guard too or any other potential PG developed Wii U or future Nintendo console exclusives.

The comments made by PG, regarding B2 not existing without Nintendo assumes that no one else was willing to invest in the game, yet we see Sony and Microsoft, along with many publishers investing in potential loss leaders.

Nier: Automata is one example that comes to mind, but that game as a franchise sold more on PS3, so it would make sense for it to be a Playstation exclusive, since the last game sold more on Playstation.

Bayonetta isn't a niche franchise, in fact it's sold less since it became a Wii U exclusive, which makes little sense, unless you consider more than just one franchise and Platinum Games or their partners thinking about more than just one game to make their money.

IMO Bayonetta 2 being exclusive is because of PG's relationship with Nintendo or more likely a business arrangement.

When you look at the fact that Nintendo have had 6 PG exclusives developed by the studio, next to only one for each rival platform it seems pretty clear that PG statement of B2 not getting made without Nintendo is pretty falacious. They're thinking of the wider picture and they sold Bayonetta 2 as a part of a bigger business deal.

I wouldn't be shocked if that continues to be the case.

I doubt another big meltdown would happen. Bayonetta is in Smash Bros. and 2 is a Wii U exclusive. Platinum Games have a great relationship with Nintendo so a third installment on a Nintendo platform would not surprise too many people.

potato_hamster said:
Don't be surprised if Bayonetta 3 doesn't get made. Based on its sales, and depending on its development and advertising budget I wouldn't be surprised if the game barely broke even. It could possibly have lost money for some of the parties involved.

Put it this way, Bayonetta 1 sold over 2 million copies, and that wasn't enough to make Platinum games make a sequel on its old. Bayonetta 2 sold half that.

But you're not taking into consideration the Smash DLC money and Amiibo money.

JustBeingReal said:
curl-6 said:
JustBeingReal said:

That doesn't apply to Bayonetta, not when it sold over 2 million copies across PS3 and 360. That kind of logic doesn't fall apart in this instance, it's still very logical from a business perspective. Mosty likely Bayonetta going to Wii U was the result of Platinum and Sega's relationship with Nintendo and the fact that Nintendo had more than just Bayonetta 2 for PG to develop and Sega to distribute.

We also have W101 and for Star Fox to be developed, maybe Project Guard too or any other potential PG developed Wii U or future Nintendo console exclusives.

The comments made by PG, regarding B2 not existing without Nintendo assumes that no one else was willing to invest in the game, yet we see Sony and Microsoft, along with many publishers investing in potential loss leaders.

Nier: Automata is one example that comes to mind, but that game as a franchise sold more on PS3, so it would make sense for it to be a Playstation exclusive, since the last game sold more on Playstation.

Bayonetta isn't a niche franchise, in fact it's sold less since it became a Wii U exclusive, which makes little sense, unless you consider more than just one franchise and Platinum Games or their partners thinking about more than just one game to make their money.

IMO Bayonetta 2 being exclusive is because of PG's relationship with Nintendo or more likely a business arrangement.

When you look at the fact that Nintendo have had 6 PG exclusives developed by the studio, next to only one for each rival platform it seems pretty clear that PG statement of B2 not getting made without Nintendo is pretty falacious. They're thinking of the wider picture and they sold Bayonetta 2 as a part of a bigger business deal.

I wouldn't be shocked if that continues to be the case.

That could be true... Or the developers could be telling the truth and the game wouldn't have been made without Nintendo.