By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you smoke ( tobacco)?

How much do you smoke a day?

1-4 cigs a day 8 6.25%

4- 10 cigs a day 22 17.19%

pack or more a day 14 10.94%

1 e-cig a day 2 1.56%

1 hookah session 5 3.91%

1-3 cigars 0 0%

Other post below 77 60.16%

Total:128
mornelithe said:
barneystinson69 said:

90% of lung cancer cases came from smokers. This already overrules any advantages to smoking.

I think the disconnect is that Nicotine can be injested via other means.  It's the smoking itself that is the problem, Nicotine isn't what causes lung cancer.  

True, I think nicotine just causes strokes and heart disease.

Around the Network

When did you start and how long have you been smoking for?
2 years ago

When do you plan to quit if ever?
Someday

straights or rollies?
Rollies

favourite brand?
Lucky Strike

what do friends/family think of your habit?
My friends smoke too

Has your minor drug addiction led to any other drugs?
Weed

Blouge said:
pest said:

ive already convinced myself ill quit in my 30s if theres no cure for heart disease/cancer on the horizon by then... retarded justification i know but i cant help but not care about the health drawbacks yet

I heard if you smoke your whole life it will take about 14 years off your lifespan. But if you quit before you're 40, it will stop 90% of the bad health effects. If you quit earlier, the health risks are reduced even more. After 10 years of non-smoking, the risk of lung cancer is half that of a smoker's. After 15 years of non-smoking, I think they don't even bother screening for lang cancer with CT scans like they do with an experienced smoker.

So I'd say enjoy it for a while and then quit so there is still time to repair the damage.

I quit smoking because of fear of the risks. I'm hoping lung cancer can be cured by strides in immunotherapy in the next few decades, but I'm not sure about COPD which also kills many. Heart disease isn't really a problem in my family.

yup the under 40 thing is what i base my logic on. there are people with heart problems in my family and my heart has been royally pounded with smoking, other substances and lack of cardio while lifting weights. thats the only true worry for me but im sticking by my quit in my 30s rule

pest said:
Teeqoz said:
Thread title doesn't match with any of the questions in the OP or any of the options in the poll. I just came here to say no.

wot r u on about m8

I'm talking about how the thread title asks wether or not you do smoke, while all the questions in the OP, and the poll are purely aimed at those who do smoke.

Teeqoz said:
pest said:

wot r u on about m8

I'm talking about how the thread title asks wether or not you do smoke, while all the questions in the OP, and the poll are purely aimed at those who do smoke.

well youre clearly not welcome here u well adjusted healthy scum

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Nice to know those that didn't touch a single sig still despise those that do or once had lol.

Makes me wonder about those that point out just how bad drinking is or general over consumption of anything in life.

I don't despise people who smoke, or have ever tried a cigarette. I'd wager very few people feel that way. If people try a cigarette once, okay, more power to them, even though I wouldn't do it. As far as regualr smokers go, I feel sorry for them more than anything, because from what every smoker I know has told me, no aspects of their life are improved by smoking, the only thing keeping them from quitting is because they're addicted. And that sucks pretty hard, because COPD and lung cancer are pretty crappy things.

Teeqoz said:

because from what every smoker I know has told me, no aspects of their life are improved by smoking

Hmm... as an ex-smoker, I'd say one of the most enjoyable things in life was camping and smoking.

Camping without smoking isn't nearly as fun.

Never had a reason to want to try smoking so nope

Blouge said:
Teeqoz said:

because from what every smoker I know has told me, no aspects of their life are improved by smoking

Hmm... as an ex-smoker, I'd say one of the most enjoyable things in life was camping and smoking.

Camping without smoking isn't nearly as fun.

Out of curiosity, are you comparing camping while smoking to camping without smoking before you began to smoke, or after you quit to smoke, or both?

Teeqoz said:

Out of curiosity, are you comparing camping while smoking to camping without smoking before you began to smoke, or after you quit to smoke, or both?

I remember camping being a lot more fun when I smoked than after I quit smoking.

It might be because I could be a party animal. I could drink beer day and night and not get sleepy at all. Also, campfire smoke wouldn't bother me at all.

Now all smoke smells bad lol.

I did enjoy camping as a never-smoker, but then I was basically a child so it was a lot different.