By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Nihongo Speakers thread, if you'd like to practice Japanese, here's your place!

outlawauron said:

I highly, highly recommend this course on memrise: http://www.memrise.com/course/12/introduction-to-japanese/

It's free and you can also do it from your smartphone. Fantastic way to start out learning.

Wow, thanks for the advice! Looks really good.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

ok

レアゲームを遊ぶ為に少し日本語を自修しましたが自分で文を書くと話す事わ全然自信がない。

Kanjis are writen with "Radicals" isn't it ?, like each trace of a Kanji, have a Different meaning, someone knows a site where i can get those meanings ?.

Tagging, this thread should be interesting

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Tagged.
I really need to start learning Japanese again... Only learned the Hiragana characters and combine sounds, didn't even get to the small つ and other stuff.

I have added a preliminary list of resources for Japanese learning to the first post. Will extend upon it over time.
皆さん、是非使ってみてください!:D

Swordmasterman said:
Kanjis are writen with "Radicals" isn't it ?, like each trace of a Kanji, have a Different meaning, someone knows a site where i can get those meanings ?.

I'd highly recommend KanjiDamage (link in the first post), breaks down the Kanji into their radicals and makes them like an alphabet and so very easy to remember. Does it all humorously too, so that's even better! :)

RingoGaSuki said:
Swordmasterman said:

I'd highly recommend KanjiDamage (link in the first post), breaks down the Kanji into their radicals and makes them like an alphabet and so very easy to remember. Does it all humorously too, so that's even better! :)

the best books that can be used for learning japanese grammar are the genki series. there are 2 of them. part 1 is orange and part 2 is green. they start at a level where you do not need to know any japanese at all. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENKI-An-Integrated-Course-in-Elementary-Japanese-Textbook-1-w-CD-2nd-edition-FS-/111870523332?hash=item1a0c00b7c4:g:CP8AAOSwaA5Wkc-u

that is an ebay listing for the first book. i would really encourage anybody who is serious about learning japanese to follow these books guidelines. they are excellent. they come with a CD with drills for each lesson.

Watashi no nihongo wa heta dayo ne.

Koko de benkyoshimashita, kyu nen mai ni.

Wasuremashita na.